No announcement yet.

Anyone dealing with an aging relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, bro... sounds rough. Good luck with handling business. Let me know if I can help. I'm pretty close since it's probably in between us.

Comment

Ya know it sounds stupid but I keep hearing Rocky saying "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. "
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

You keep throwing good money after bad. If you pay all this money she will still be going to a home a year from now so why not save your money and put her away today?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Because stupid.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Best advice I can give is to listen to Dave Ramsey's podcast when your tooling around in your car. Pretty often he goes into some serious family/finance discussions. He puts into the right words what you might already know needs to be done (whatever that may be).

Probably time to be less accommodating though. She shouldn't be in control of any bills and you shouldn't be paying any money into a black hole.
            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              After seeing my Father-in-law going through it, I have had thoughts of stashing a cyanide pill away in something so that I could get access to it if needed.

Yew tree extract has WAY more take down power and you die much faster; it is also very easy to make.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working with mexicans, this thread highlights the huge difference in our two cultures. They wouldn't care if it bankrupted them and sent them back to mexico, never to return again. Well they might care, but it certainly wouldn't change their course of action.
                WH

Comment

JPS has now been searching for weeks to place my dad somewhere. Yesterday they call and say he's been placed and I needed to go over there and fill out paperwork.

I get over there (Oakwood in Arlington) and the place is a fucking dump. I found the place where they send the indigent. This is nothing more than a warehouse for old people stacked 2 and 4 deep in rooms with no furnishings, shit smeared on the wall and the whole fucking place smells like piss from the moment you walk in the door.

I can't put my dad through that and I'm working on trying to move him to a slightly better facility. It sucks that you can't even find a 'decent' place for his SS and what Medicaid is kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Working with mexicans, this thread highlights the huge difference in our two cultures. They wouldn't care if it bankrupted them and sent them back to mexico, never to return again. Well they might care, but it certainly wouldn't change their course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                      JPS has now been searching for weeks to place my dad somewhere. Yesterday they call and say he's been placed and I needed to go over there and fill out paperwork.

I get over there (Oakwood in Arlington) and the place is a fucking dump. I found the place where they send the indigent. This is nothing more than a warehouse for old people stacked 2 and 4 deep in rooms with no furnishings, shit smeared on the wall and the whole fucking place smells like piss from the moment you walk in the door.

I can't put my dad through that and I'm working on trying to move him to a slightly better facility. It sucks that you can't even find a 'decent' place for his SS and what Medicaid is kicking in.
                      I had found my dad a new place that we researched and liked. He was scheduled to move this past Monday. I was called from Oakwood that he had fallen and was being transported to ER with head injury the same day. He took a turn for the worst this weekend and had to make the toughest decision of my life today to remove respiratory and let him go. A dose of morphine for his comfort and 15 minutes later he went peacefully to meet my mom- rip 'pops'

Comment

Dang, sorry bro.

Comment

I had found my dad a new place that we researched and liked. He was scheduled to move this past Monday. I was called from Oakwood that he had fallen and was being transported to ER with head injury the same day. He took a turn for the worst this weekend and had to make the toughest decision of my life today to remove respiratory and let him go. A dose of morphine for his comfort and 15 minutes later he went peacefully to meet my mom- rip 'pops'
                          Jesus, so sorry dude. My sincerest condolences.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

so sorry to hear. that's how my papa went. fell and hit his head (had alzheimers) several times, and after that it just progressed insanely fast. he was on so much morphine in the end so he could sleep/be comfortable, that he basically od on it. it was for the best though. he would have passed from starvation in not much time regardless.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X