Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas' iconic Waggoner Ranch for sale for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Well...they dont own the property. People should always think about stuff like that when they lease land.
    That's exactly my first though, "You planned on retiring on leased land?!"

Comment

He's done some interesting things with it so far including firing all the ranch hands that have worked there for years or generations. I'm in agreance of the lake property although he likely could have had a bit more class about the way he went about it.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

“I have no idea where I’m going to go,” Paul Appel, a Vietnam War veteran stated. “I have no money and I’m on Social Security and disability. I live month-to-month and can’t afford rent anywhere.”
        Not his fucking problem. If he handled ousting your ass legally, then get the fuck out. And I love the Vietnam Vet part. Should have handled your finances better the past 45 years, homie. You knew you were getting old, should have prepared.

Many other residents have similar stories, and relocation was never something they planned on. Some residents picked this land for their retirement.
        Always make contingency plans. Again, not the owners fault, so move on.

Lake Diversion is a tiny speck on this enormous property. In a letter to residents, a law firm representing Kroenke wrote that the evictions were necessary “to return the lake shoreline to its natural, uninhabited landscape to support and improve the microecosystem in and around Lake Diversion.” The intent might be laudable, but lives are being disrupted by Kroenke’s decision.
        Yeah....And? It's his land, they are on it. He has the autonomy to do as he pleases, and has the horsepower to enforce it. I'm not sure why they are trying to make him out to be the bad guy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          I'm not sure why they are trying to make him out to be the bad guy here.
          Because making every wealthy person a greedy scumbag generates clicks and advertising revenue.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I'm not sure why they are trying to make him out to be the bad guy here.
            Class warfare from the left. You're supposed to hate rich successful people remember.
            Feel bad for those folks, but damn, its leased land. Year to year at that. Thats poor decision making 101.

I have a buddy that bales hay. He's lost 2 big leases he's had for years in the last 6 months. Price of real estate finally got to where those people wanted to sell. I hope this market holds strong. I want to sell out and move south.

Comment

Hook it up with the hay

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                Hook it up with the hay
                You need hay ? I got cow hay. How many you want $45 a roll

Comment

I thought hay was for horses?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    You need hay ? I got cow hay. How many you want $45 a roll
                    How do you get the cows to roll up tight enough in the bailer?
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      How do you get the cows to roll up tight enough in the bailer?
                      Run the brush hog over them a couple times.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Easier if you flatten them first...

Comment

Working...
                        X