Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas' iconic Waggoner Ranch for sale for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas' iconic Waggoner Ranch for sale for...

$725 million!

At more than 510,000 acres, the Waggoner ranch in North Texas is among the nation's largest privately owned, contiguous ranches.

In fact, it's probably the biggest "behind one fence," according to Bernard Uechtritz with Briggs Freeman Sotheby's International Realty, a Dallas-area firm listing the property.

The asking price is $725 million for the ranch, which is also being shown by Sam Middleton of the Lubbock firm Chas. S. Middleton and Son.

It's about 175 miles northwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and 12 miles south of Vernon, the county seat of Wilbarger County. Wichita Falls is about 20 miles east of the ranch's eastern boundary, according to the sales brochure.

"This is a Wall Street or Silicon Valley entrepreneur's last chance to buy the next King Ranch," Uechtritz said, referring to the state's other massive ranch operation in South Texas. "It's the only other ranching brand that has all the attributes and opportunities that the King Ranch does."

The ranch's backwards "D" brand has been used continuously since 1849, making it one of the oldest brands in Texas, the sales brochure states.

Since the property was listed in August, at the end of a long-running family dispute that landed in the 46th State District Court in Wilbarger County, interest has been "overwhelming," Euchtritz said.

"We've had over 500 inquiries from all around the world," he said. "We are showing the ranch to national and international and Texas-based prospects on a weekly basis. A number of buyers are conducting due diligence, evaluating the property."

Spread over six counties near the Oklahoma border, the Waggoner ranch includese 58 houses on two main compounds, Uechtritz said.

One compound, Santa Rosa, is where Electra Waggoner Biggs, a noted sculptor and socialite, lived. Her sculptures included Presidents Dwight Eisenhower and Harry Truman and humorist Will Rogers on his horse.

Rogers once lived at the other compound, Zacaweista, according to Uechtritz.

That's one big ass backyard!

Bugout haven fo sho.

Wait wait wait... Jade Helm location?!

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
      Bugout haven fo sho.

Wait wait wait... Jade Helm location?!
      Ha, I was waiting for someone to "connect the dots" to Jade Helm.

Comment

Group buy??? I'm in for twenty!

Comment

Waggoner. Reminds me of a hot teacher i had in jr high Ms. Waggoner.

Comment

Wonder what the annual ranch related revenues are?

Comment

Wonder what the county taxes are from each of the 4 counties... No I don't feel like looking it up...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

That's pretty cheap per acre.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Wonder what the annual ranch related revenues are?
                  Looks like you can buy it from Hoovers.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

svo in 3...2...1....

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Looks like you can buy it from Hoovers.
                      I'm not that interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        That's pretty cheap per acre.
                        Yeah it is, a hair over 1400/acre, buildings and everything included.

Lemme hold some N's, I'll hit you back on the first mah bruthuh!

Comment

Damn real estate agent is gonna have a big check when that sells

Comment

To put that in perspective a little - Lake Texoma is 90K surface acres (little more now with the flood) and that's 510K.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                              Damn real estate agent is gonna have a big check when that sells
                              I'm sure its not the standard 3% and it is split with 2 listing agents. But still in the millions

Comment

Working...
                              X