Need help with Rv trailers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Rv trailers..

Soo...we are looking at purchasing some land to build a shop/house on. In the mean time while it is being built, we have tossed around the idea of buying a travel trailer we can live in for 4 to 6 months, then just use it afterwards for camping. I know nothing about rv brands..which one's are nicer, which brands to avoid. Not looking at new, and not looking at spending over 15k on one. It has to be able to be towed by a 09 f250 also. Any dealers around this area with decent pricing? Thanks for the help!

Fleetwood makes a good product imo

Comment

Being totally serious here but a cousin of mine bought like an 88 Winnebago with a bbc 454 for like 2800 and it was well taken care of. He uses it on his grandfather farm when working the cattle. It starts runs drives and stops perfect, as well as a/c etc.

Comment

RV's are like boats. The 2 best days of having one are the day you bought it and the day you sold it.

Comment

Make sure the owner's didn't live in it

Comment

Get a 5th wheel, they are so much nicer to pull than a bumper pull. We have a 36ft Cardinal which I think is made by forrest river and over all it seems to be well built trailer. If I was going to live in one 2 ACs would be a must for anything over 30ft. A 5 season season trailer is also nice to have, ours has an arctic pack which gives you tank heaters, several of the trailers on our deer lease this last year had to deal with freezing issues.

Comment

Call Brian Stone at RV Max in Sherman. I believe he is off on Thursday's.

Comment

I am a big camping guy, I started with a tent, then a popup now I have a KZ Sportsman 19 with a slide, weighs less than 3500 lbs. I bought it brand new for $11700, but not sure if it is big enough to live in, it's great for a week or two at a time.

Saying that, buy the models that have "window" ac units instead of the roof top. Yeah they take longer to cool down, but when they break, and they do break, its a trip to walmart vs an RV shop and $300 vs $1300.

My KZ has a "window unit" built into the cabinets.

Comment

2001 5"th wheel 35ft 3 slid outs good condition everything works. $7000 obo

28ft fifth wheel $4800 obo. Pm me if interested I'll give you more info and pics later. I'm at AMC watching madmax now
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

X100 on at least dual A/C units, three is ideal

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      Get a 5th wheel, they are so much nicer to pull than a bumper pull. We have a 36ft Cardinal which I think is made by forrest river and over all it seems to be well built trailer. If I was going to live in one 2 ACs would be a must for anything over 30ft. A 5 season season trailer is also nice to have, ours has an arctic pack which gives you tank heaters, several of the trailers on our deer lease this last year had to deal with freezing issues.
                      Good advice here. We lived in ours for 7 months while our house was being built, it was also a 36' Cardinal fifth wheel (they are indeed built by Forest River)....3 slides, 2 separate bedrooms, and we had the upgraded AC units, two 15K BTU...and it needed every bit of them in the summer. Ours also had a 15 gallon water heater (I believe standard are usually 8-10), and that is something you'll want if more than 1 person is living in it, getting ready for work every morning, etc. Ours had the cold weather package that gave it a sealed and climate controlled basement area, and also the heated tanks....a big plus is you'll be in there during the cold months.

We started in a pop-up, then went into a 27' tag, then into a 32' fifth wheel, and finally into the 36' fifth wheel that we also ended up living in for a while. From my experience I will tell you that the fifth wheel trailers were way better...just the towing quality alone is night and day over a tag, but they also make much better use of space, and the storage is a lot better. That basement area really comes in handy for all of your crap like folding chairs, grill, charcoal, cooking supplies, bug spray, etc, etc. I had a little bar style fridge that I used in both of my fifth wheel trailers, fit nicely underneath in that basement area, and that is where I always kept all of my drinks...it was big enough to hold about a case and a half of beer...which is also really handy when you are living in there, b/c the inside fridge isn't all that big to begin with.

My F250 pulled the 32' with no issues, but when we got into the 36', it felt unstable to me anywhere above 55-60 mph. The truck had plenty of power, but the trailer pushed the ass end around more than I was comfortable with, so I replaced the F250 with a DRW 1-ton, and never had another concern after that.

Forest River makes some decent trailers, Cardinal is one of the better lines. they also used to make Flagstaff, Surveyor, Wildwood, Cougar, Rockwood, and I think Salem as well. I know there were at lease a few others, but those are the main ones that come to mind.

The Keystone Montana trailers were always well built units as well....I always liked the Big Sky trailers, almost bought one of those but it was a little above my budget at the time, so we ended up in the Cardinal.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Just a thought here, but wouldn't rent for an apartment for 6 months be way less than $15,000, and be more comfortable?
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Youll probably spend like 8-10k on the apartment and have nothing to show for it. Plus its an apartment...

Comment

Working...
                          X