No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney cliff finally falls to the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least its not the cliff me and all the bros used to jump off of back in the teenage years.

It was kind of fun, but taking that first leap always sucked a lot. One friend even pushed another off lol
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Least its not the cliff me and all the bros used to jump off of back in the teenage years.

It was kind of fun, but taking that first leap always sucked a lot. One friend even pushed another off lol
      Ded

Comment

Didn't the geniuses that lived in the house that fell off, jack hammer a wine cellar out under the house where it cracked?
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Didn't the geniuses that lived in the house that fell off, jack hammer a wine cellar out under the house where it cracked?
          If I remember correctly it was the guy who built the house, the people living there just got screwed, seems like they had only owned it for a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            If I remember correctly it was the guy who built the house, the people living there just got screwed, seems like they had only owned it for a short time.
            I would be all up in a lawsuite with the original homebuilder and the orginal owner, if I was the one left holding the bill when it fell in the lake.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

See Below
              Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              Yep, and paid a premium for it.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I would be all up in a lawsuite with the original homebuilder and the orginal owner, if I was the one left holding the bill when it fell in the lake.
              I don't know the specifics but last I heard that is what was happening from folks down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                See Below

Yep, and paid a premium for it.

I don't know the specifics but last I heard that is what was happening from folks down there.
                From what I recall he built it like a year or so before the crack happened, I didn't know he sold it soon after. Yeah who would think it would be a great idea to jack hammer out a room on a cliff? Also if he got a permit for it, I would own the cities ass too. Geniuses. I actually wouldn't be to worried about the house next door I would be willing to bet it will be fine. Probably not a real normal occurrence for slabs of that rock to be just falling off like that.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

From what I recall he built it like a year or so before the crack happened, I didn't know he sold it soon after. Yeah who would think it would be a great idea to jack hammer out a room on a cliff? Also if he got a permit for it, I would own the cities ass too. Geniuses. I actually wouldn't be to worried about the house next door I would be willing to bet it will be fine. Probably not a real normal occurrence for slabs of that rock to be just falling off like that.

Yea, Whitney proper isn't exactly filled with the smartest folks I've ever come across. But, if memory serves lots of houses around the lake aren't built with strict or even permits at all. I've replaced lots of questionable electrical and plumbing in our place. Luckily it was built when lumber was cheap so it's solid as a rock but lots of the finish work was questionable at best.

This is our 24th summer to have a house there and a few cliffs have crumbled during super high floods but nothing even remotely close to this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by jetboat View Post
                    This home owner better update his insurance policy.
                    Probably can't even get insurance for that now, and he might as well just keep that house for ever, because it is going to be tough sell no matter how safe it is lol. Personally I wouldn't be worried about living there now that the overhang is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                      Yea, Whitney proper isn't exactly filled with the smartest folks I've ever come across. But, if memory serves lots of houses around the lake aren't built with strict or even permits at all. I've replaced lots of questionable electrical and plumbing in our place. Luckily it was built when lumber was cheap so it's solid as a rock but lots of the finish work was questionable at best.

This is our 24th summer to have a house there and a few cliffs have crumbled during super high floods but nothing even remotely close to this magnitude.
                      At least you guys have some game rooms there to keep all the old people happy

Comment

Working...
                      X