No announcement yet.

All Denton peeps check in please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighborhood seems to be a tornado magnet. I shot this three years ago.

Comment

Notice of possible evacuations for those around Lake Ray Roberts. If expected rainfall of 10-12" actually comes, the corps will have to release water.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Notice of possible evacuations for those around Lake Ray Roberts. If expected rainfall of 10-12" actually comes, the corps will have to release water.
        When I worked at isle du bois in highschool the lake was 9ft over and they opened the spill way and had a full team montoiring the dam. Since the lake filled WAY faster then normal the dam never settled completely and it's a scary thing. They did a test run and opened the spillway wide open and shut it down due to the dam shaking to much for comfort. The overflow further down 455 for the left side of the elm fork will flood the entire area quickly if the lake gets that high. When I worked there the lake rose 4ft overnight when Gainesville flooded in 07ish. I can't image what 12inches in 2-3 days will do.

For reference, if you ever have been to the day use area of isle du bois park, the fishing pier the right of the boat ramp has those tall light polls and all you could see was 2ft of the tops of them. I had to swim out to them.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
        X