Jet-Ski / Boat Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet-Ski / Boat Guys

A friend is selling a 2008 Sea Doo GTI SE130 for a lady he knows. It ran great and had low hours - but they managed to flip it in lake Lewisville and it won't start at all now. She took it to the dealer immediately and they looked it over and said "it wasn't worth fixing." So it sat for a year and now my buddy is trying to sell and offered it to me. Kbb is around $5k running. I can most likely get it for $1k. Anyone dealt with something like this? I'm not too interested, but if I can get it going without too much $$ it is worth my time to keep or flip.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Cobraman; 05-08-2015, 12:05 PM.
    2012 GT500

part it on ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
      part it on ebay?
      Probably too much work for not too much gain.
      2012 GT500

Comment

How long ago did they flip it?

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
          How long ago did they flip it?
          Talked to my buddy and got it clarified. Was flipped last fall, taken to dealer immediately, and has been sitting since.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Did they say what is actually wrong with it. I know rebuilding my 2 stroke rotax engines was pricy if using genuine rotax parts...so if you can't get aftermarket parts...its likely the repairs will almost cost the same as a new engine.

Comment

hayabusa motor!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Did they say what is actually wrong with it. I know rebuilding my 2 stroke rotax engines was pricy if using genuine rotax parts...so if you can't get aftermarket parts...its likely the repairs will almost cost the same as a new engine.
                It was a chick. All they said was it wasn't worth it - probably basing it on new motor.
                2012 GT500

Comment

Take a battery, compression tester, and some mmo or wd40 and check the numbers. If compression looks good and the hull isn't a mess it shouldn't be too hard to get going again. Worst part is working in the hull. I'd be most worried about a bent rod knowing that back story, so check it good.

Comment

I'm kind of curious how bad it was flipped, b/c it's pretty common that these things get flipped over when playing around and never sustain any damage. I flipped my old Polaris a bunch of times, as did others who rode it, and I never had any issues with it at all.

did it ingest water through the intake or perhaps run upside down and dry?
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I am guessing if it went to the dealer and they said what they did that the motor is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        I am guessing if it went to the dealer and they said what they did that the motor is gone.
                        Maybe. Could have been them trying to take advantage of a lady though.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Two or four stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
                            Two or four stroke?
                            From what I recall, I think that is one of the bigger 4-stroke units. I think they were well over 100hp...something like 125hp iirc.

They were pretty pricey new as well.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

U you can fix it easy I would look for something a lil more powerful though

Comment

Working...
                              X