Cool place to go overnight camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Memo View Post
    Can you legally drink at any of these or do I need to do it on the down low?
    It's illegal at all state parks, but just keep it on the dl and you'll be fine.

Comment

I've had the park ranger stop by our camp with a beer in my koozie and they didn't say anything. Don't cause a scene and be respectful of other campers and the camp site, you won't have problems.

Comment

Johnson branch of ray Roberts is pretty nice too. Some good trails, lots of trees, and even a smallish Fishing pond for the kids.

As others have said, get reservations and arrive as early as possible. Reservations guarantee a spot, but not necessarily one you want.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Another vote for mineral wells. Just watch out for the crazy coons.
          Lots of poison ivy last time I was there.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Lake Mineral Wells State Park is pretty close. I've camped there before an enjoyed it and I know they rent canoes and things at the park HQ.
            This. And it's cool to sneak into the old water treatment plant and look around.
            Urban Exploration Resource: Featuring Urban Exploration stories and a huge database of locations and pictures from a variety of abandoned buildings and other unique places.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              This. And it's cool to sneak into the old water treatment plant and look around.
              http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=25538
              Urban exploration! Been trying to find someone into this hobby, but no dice
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Urban exploration! Been trying to find someone into this hobby, but no dice
                I love that stuff. Have you walked through the fort Worth incenerator?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Lake Mineral Wells State Park is pretty close. I've camped there before an enjoyed it and I know they rent canoes and things at the park HQ.
                  x2
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    I love that stuff. Have you walked through the fort Worth incenerator?
                    No I have not. Did you get any pics? Would you be interested in going back sometime? I know where there is an old abandoned golf course with club house, but I can't speak to the condition of the place. Only ever seen it from the road.
                    WH

Comment

You could camp in Moore, OK right now. The golf course across the street from my house makes a pretty nice lake.

Comment

Working...
                      X