Damn the luck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    It wont hurt to get approved through the bank. It doesnt mean you have to buy...
    Except for the credit score hit. It generally knocks your score down 10 points, and then only lasts 60 days, so if you don't buy in that window, you take another hit later when you run it again. At least, that's what was explained to me. If your score is high 700s or better, I guess it's not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      Is that in garland?
      No. It's in Euless. The original goal was to be around northern Dallas but after losing several bids we expanded our search area. I offered 3-6k over on every single house we liked. I've thrown enough money away to renters over the years I'm just glad to have my own space.

Comment

Depends on your bank as well jluv. I didnt think these days you could even get approved if you where not 740 and above. I still feel its better to take a 10 point hit Just so you can jump if you do find something you really like instead of letting it slide by.

Thats why i love my credit union. I walk in and say i need money, they ask how much.

Comment

The house behind me in Greenville is for sale. It has a full size 2 car garage....completely remodeled. Down to the studs.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
            No. It's in Euless. The original goal was to be around northern Dallas but after losing several bids we expanded our search area. I offered 3-6k over on every single house we liked. I've thrown enough money away to renters over the years I'm just glad to have my own space.
            Yep. I realized that once you break the $750 price point in rent, a house become a viable option.

I'm just glad I didnt have to fight off that many people looking at houses.

Comment

Fuck buying a house in a rush. I've been house shopping for four months now and I'll keep going. I didn't renew my lease when it expired last month and they went up $250 a month since I'm month to month. I can buy a hell of a house if I wanted to pay what I'm paying in rent but I feel that everything where I'm at is way overpriced. I'm in the Nashville area of TN and the market here would be comparable to Dallas or Austin. It is insane, a lot of houses are well above pre crash prices and the area is booming.

Get pre qualified and see what you can afford and start the hunt.

Comment

We're pre-approved and are now actively on the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                X