What happened to cheap Corvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to cheap Corvettes?

As always, when you're not in the market for something they are everywhere.

My car was totaled out by the hail storm so it's time for something else.
    I was thinking about a older C6 that I could do some stuff to down the road. But I don't really want to spend more than $20,000 on one. Miles aren't a massive factor, as I'll be upgrading stuff as time goes anyway. I plan on DDing this one for a year or two and then turning into just a weekend/fun car.

Anyone know where one might be? I've been looking online but everything is either too expensive or already sold.

I don't think I've ever seen C6s for less than $20k.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Neither have I, and if they were, they were in a condition or had mileage that made me quickly look away.
      sigpic

Comment

C6's just got down to the low 20's with the new ones finally taking off. That being said how many miles are you wanting to stay under because that makes a big difference as well.

Comment

There are several at dealerships marked at around 22-25k, so I'm betting that I can get a few of those right at 20 if I pay cash. Main problem is, every one I call on is sold or ugly.

Comment

I've never seen one that cheap unless it was crazy miles or salvage. I haven't looked recently, but there used to be some decent 05-06s in the 25-30k range.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              I don't think I've ever seen C6s for less than $20k.
              They're out there. I just don't want red or silver. I'd like to stay under 70k miles
              I'm really interested in the orange one. Called and asked for the best cash price since I'm driving 2hrs. He said he'd have to talk to his manager and get back to me. Lame.

Here's one

Another

Actually interested in this one

Comment

I would pay several thousand extra to get an 06 instead of an 05. 05's had the ugly XM antenna, battery issues even worse than the 06 and the roof delaminating.

Comment

Ive kinda been looking a c-6's or a 07-09 GT500 convertible I can pay cash for the vette but im unsure on those. Shelbys are harder to find local don't wanna spend more then $30k

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    I would pay several thousand extra to get an 06 instead of an 05. 05's had the ugly XM antenna, battery issues even worse than the 06 and the roof delaminating.
                    The reasons you listed are not worth several thousand dollars to me.
                    The orange one seems like a decent deal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                      They're out there. I just don't want red or silver. I'd like to stay under 70k miles
                      I'm really interested in the orange one. Called and asked for the best cash price since I'm driving 2hrs. He said he'd have to talk to his manager and get back to me. Lame.

Here's one

Another

I like the last one.

Comment

Camaro?

WRX

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post

Here's one

Another

Gotcha, don't really look at '05s, and 2 of those are still over $20k. That orange one is nice, best of luck.

Why would a dealer come more off the price if you tell them you're paying cash? I never tell them that until a price is agreed upon. If they think they can make money off me in the financing/warranty/trade in process they're willing to give me a better price on the car.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Gto

Comment

G8 gt
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X