What happened to cheap Corvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Gotcha, don't really look at '05s, and 2 of those are still over $20k. That orange one is nice, best of luck.

Why would a dealer come more off the price if you tell them you're paying cash? I never tell them that until a price is agreed upon. If they think they can make money off me in the financing/warranty/trade in process they're willing to give me a better price on the car.
    Well, again, I'm assuming the price is negotiable.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have told him I was paying cash up front. I just really don't want to drive 2 hours for nothing.

I don't have to buy something this very second at least, so I can keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
      They're out there. I just don't want red or silver. I'd like to stay under 70k miles
      I'm really interested in the orange one. Called and asked for the best cash price since I'm driving 2hrs. He said he'd have to talk to his manager and get back to me. Lame.

Here's one

Another

Actually interested in this one
      I hate this question when I'm selling something. "What's the lowest you'll take?" is quickly countered with "Well, what's the most you'll pay?"

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Camaro?

not a fan of the camaros at all. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I hate this question when I'm selling something. "What's the lowest you'll take?" is quickly countered with "Well, what's the most you'll pay?"
          Meh, I own a pawn shop so I'm used to hearing it as well. I just don't feel like playing a bunch of games, but I may have to in order to get what I want.

Comment

Meh, I own a pawn shop so I'm used to hearing it as well. I just don't feel like playing a bunch of games, but I may have to in order to get what I want.
            Working there would probably drive me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Working there would probably drive me nuts.
              It can be quite entertaining. I've worked at other shops in the metroplex over the last 6 years and have been called everything you can imagine, been threatened, shot at, had knives pulled on me, watched drug busts, found drugs in peoples stuff, met famous people, etc. I keep saying that I'm going to start writing a book.

Comment

It can be quite entertaining. I've worked at other shops in the metroplex over the last 6 years and have been called everything you can imagine, been threatened, shot at, had knives pulled on me, watched drug busts, found drugs in peoples stuff, met famous people, etc. I keep saying that I'm going to start writing a book.
                Seems like it would keep you on your toes!

Comment

So here's a question...why is BMW resale value so low? I was reading 8mpg's thread and saw the 335i mentioned. They seem awful cheap, even with average to lower mileage. What are the issues?

I still want to get back into a vette, but if I find something equally fun to drive for a great price then I may change my mind.

Comment

PM sent
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I can only imagine it's because of repair costs (if you don't do it yourself.)
                      sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it, I have been looking for a high mile/damaged/roller C5 for $5k-$8k for months now. Seen several go in that range, but missed them, now I can't find diddly shit.

Well, I find chuckleheads that think the damned things are made of gold, even damaged. Found a 98 vert 6 speed that has 173k miles on it that needs a fender, the hood repaired, air bags installed, and a nose cone for $7k...

Then I find an 87K mile FRC with a salvage title that needs a rocker panel and has a dented frame for $9k...

Oh, and then I find a gorgeous 98 vert with 120K for 8K, except his pictures were taken before he slid off the highway. Now needs a front clip and radiator support, but it doesn't have core support damage.....

What these guys don't understand is that if I have to put 40 hours and $3k into it, I had better be getting a stellar deal. I'm not going to pay you what it's worth fixed while it's broke, I might as well just get a running one!!!

Comment

You won't, but someone will, and that's why they're selling at that price.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            You won't, but someone will, and that's why they're selling at that price.
                            They're not selling, that's the thing. I was one person behind on an 87K mile torch red 99 roller with a heck of a mod list for $5K. That one sold quickly. These others have been sitting at those prices and the owners just can't understand why.

Comment

Working...
                            X