Dry Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Ice

My pontoon boat has built in "coolers" that are not insulated. Until I get them insulated (Winter this year) I have two choice. Take a ton of ice in my fish cooler or use dry ice.

Never really used dry ice though, so I have two questions...

1. Where can this be found on the way to Lake Texoma - specifically along 289/Preston road up to the Little Mineral portion of LT.

2. Will this work alright for soda/beers...etc in the hot sun or is it a waste of money?

Thank you
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

It will frezze anything. Grocery stores carry it. Even a small piece will freeze drinks

Comment

Everything you need and more can be found here.

Plan on using 5 to 10 pounds of dry ice for every 24-hour period depending upon the ice chest size to keep things frozen.

Comment

Are you keeping fish in there or just drinks?
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

"Plan on using 10 to 20 pounds of dry ice for every 24-hour period depending upon the size of the ice chest. Dry Ice will keep everything frozen in this ice chest, including extra ice, so keep non-frozen goods to be refrigerated with regular ice in a separate ice chest."

Comment

No cow skin Yeti cooler?

Comment

put rock salt on your regular ice and it will stay cooler a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                put rock salt on your regular ice and it will stay cooler a lot longer.
                Hahaha...yeah try this.

Comment

It can't be hard to insulate those. Just get some Plastic corrugated sheets from Home depot and some Great stuff foam insulation.

Comment

Yeah, it's nothing more than a large plastic trash can really. I was going to disassemble the stock cooler when I have it on the trailer at the end of the year. Any insulation is better than nothing for hot weekends and I stay out for 24-48 hours straight.

I'd not have a problem keeping it with the regular ice to prolong its life. I ran with 2 large coolers last year for fish and food/drinks. It's just a 22' pontoon boat and with everything else it was very crowded. So I'd like to just tote one large cooler for fish and then keep all food in the built in coolers.

I was looking to be lazy though with just 1 X pound of dry ice for the whole time. At 10-20lbs per day though, it does not seem sensible at this point. May need to prioritize insulating the cooler itself.

I currently make blocks of ice and have ice tubes in PVC for the fish cooler. I may just make extra blocks of ice and use them for the boat cooler.

No yeti...need wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      No yeti...need wheels.
                      Get a Brute with wheels. CHOOO CHOOO

Comment

Damn it, ...googling now

Ah just a wagon for coolers.

Comment

This works real well, even better if you change out the fan on top.

Comment

Read a lot about those types of coolers and I have some of the older small ones too. My concern is when anchored all night, that it would kill my batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Damn it, ...googling now

Ah just a wagon for coolers.
                              I got my Dad a Brute and it looks just as good as a yeti, they are based out of DFW too, MSRP isn't that much cheaper than a Yeti, but if you call around you can usually find a dealer discounting them. Also Brute measures their capacity different than yeti, so a 60qt Brute is actually bigger than a 60qt Yeti. I'm fairly certain the owner was on either the Texas Fishing Forum or Texas Hunting Forum and would hook members up over there.

High quality roto-molded Hard Coolers Made in the USA, Lifetime Warranty and Bear Proof, soft coolers, drinkware and gear. Shop Bison Coolers for hunting, camping, marine, hiking, fishing, tailgating and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X