fender coverage laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender coverage laws?

i thought there was a law on the books concerning the amount of tire that could be uncovered? i am looking at a new set of fender flares for my jeep, but will pass if its gonna lead to more conversations with officers. thanks.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

eThere is, look up these codes in the TExas law book.

49 CFR Part 567, 571, 574, 575, 597

Comment

Which flares?

Comment

A few of my employees have lifted jeeps, bigger, wider tires without any fenders, so far they haven't had any problems.

Comment

looking at the cheap $269 smittybilt ones or the "fender armor"

im seeing that in TX only trucks/commercial are required to have fenders and mudflaps, but id really like to be sure. im too old to be getting pulled over for dumb shit or to be swapping any parts every year before i go get an inspection.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            looking at the cheap $269 smittybilt ones or the "fender armor"

im seeing that in TX only trucks/commercial are required to have fenders and mudflaps, but id really like to be sure. im too old to be getting pulled over for dumb shit or to be swapping any parts every year before i go get an inspection.

god bless.
            I hope I never get old.

Comment

if u Decide lets us know which ones and how u like them. I have been thinking about doing the same to my jeep.

Comment

Just run them, you will be fine other than the shit talk from jeepers for using shittybilt.

Comment

I don't know of any law in Texas that would affect Jeeps. I haven't had any issues regarding tire coverage, nor do I know of anyone who has.

Comment

Last I heard it was you couldn't have anything more than 3" outside the bodywork uncovered, but things may have changed since then. This may be one of those things that the cops typically don't give a shit about. They'll nail you for no mudflaps if you've got a dually though.

Comment

Working...
                    X