Pate swap meet this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    Can't build a collection without cars and parts!

Mopar cars and parts.
    I need 72-74 Barracuda parts (grille, air cleaner, factory X heads for 340).
    Also need 71 Road Runner/Satellite/GTX parts (bumpers, bucket seats, emblems)
    My brother is looking for A LOT of parts for his 2 1973 and 1974 Barracudas. Also looking for a 71 Super Bee or Charger R/T hood.
    Looking for any 63-83 Mopar projects also.
    Bringing a 74 Charger to sell in the car corral.

Motorcyles....vintage mini enduro and a vintage Bultaco Astro flat tracker

Bikes....vintage BMX and swing bike

sweet. What are the details on that 74? Saw one at a show recently and peaked my interest.

Comment

Made it home. Time for some much needed sleep!

The Barracuda is a 73 FY1 yellow/white interior (black carpet, dash and console) with a factory white side stripe. I bought the car out of Garland in 2005. Then when I moved back home to Amarillo in Sept of last year we got started on it. Originally the plan was to build an unrestored driver out of it. But that snowballed out of control on Day 3 or 4 of the build. The car needed a dash pad so I figured if I was going to take that out I might as well do it all right. So with the help of my brothers and dad, we got it torn down to a shell and mounted it on the rotisserie. Found a shop that would do the body and paint. Hopefully it will be painted in a few months. The car was originally a 318 car (has the rallye dash). The motor, trans, seat and few other parts were missing when I got it. One of my brothers built a very mild 360 (dynoed ~410hp and 420ft lbs of torque). It should be a good cruiser car. Nothing over the top or anything. Just going back with the stock look.

If you are interested. I keep a running project thread going on the A body Mopar site.
      Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 05-03-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I had a pretty good day on Friday. I split a spot with homealone and sold more than I spent. I ended up with a nice grill for my Cougar for $200. The chrome is good and its straight, all it will need is paint. I will be converting the head light doors to electric and for the first time since I've owned the car they will be fully operational. No more opening and closing by hand.

Comment

I'm wore out after the weekend....was out there 7a-6p Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Did really well selling this year....I went with a trailer full of stuff, and only brought home a few plastic tubs of small parts and a few of the bigger items.

Surprisingly, I didn't find nearly everything that I was looking to buy...just a couple things for the Chevy II, and some signs/shop art. So I came home with most of the money that I made - Bonus!

If I'm honest....I saw a lot of grossly over-priced junk this year. There were some decent deals too, but it sure seems like people are becoming more proud of their stuff too.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Good thing you didn't spend all your money. Chickasha is this weekend.

Comment

Good thing you didn't spend all your money. Chickasha is this weekend.
              What's happening up there?
              70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

The Chickasha swap meet. Oklahoma's version of Pate.

Comment

The Chickasha swap meet. Oklahoma's version of Pate.

http://chickashaspringswapmeet.com
                  Will it have as much traffic as Pate?

Comment

No. It is much smaller. Pate is in a league of its own. I have found some good deals in Chickasha over the years though. It is just hit or miss.

Comment

So was that swap meet all about car parts? Or was other junk allowed in like old mcdonalds toys
                      WH

Comment

Majority cars and parts, but there is also a mix of other stuff like tools, signs, toys, motorcycle and bicycle stuff, some antiques, iron work, and we even saw a furniture dealer out there this year. There was a guy next to us that was selling old fixtures, cabinets, sinks, and stuff that looked to be removed from home remodel jobs.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
                        X