No announcement yet.

Moving to a Different State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're gonna spend so much, how about a helicopter drop?

Living off the beaten path does have it's tribulations.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Honestly, with my lift, I don't know how much my towing capability has been affected, and I just don't think I want to try it. If I was going to do that, I'd probably just drive a U-Haul up there. That drive would be a beating, either way, and then I'd have to unload it all when I got there. My realtor does know some guys in town that I could hire to help me unload, so that's a plus. I just really don't want to make that treacherous drive. And in the end, it would probably take two trips. Depending on the costs, that may still be the way to go.
      What truck and how big is the lift?

Comment

Congradulations, man! I know you've been talking about this for years. Glad to see your (and Tiff's) dreams coming true.

I don't have a lot of advice to offer, except FUCK PODS. My gf put all her shit in two of those things when she moved here from Austin. It stayed in their warehouse for a year and a half until we bought the house. For what she paid in moving and storage charges, she could probably have dumped all that shit in a landfill and bought it all new again. I know your situation is different since it wouldn't be long-term storage, but I needed to get that bitterness out.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          What truck and how big is the lift?
          It's a f350(250?) with a 6" lift IIRC.

Jluv you should have no problem pulling a 20'+ enclosed.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post

There ya go Jared. My buddy just bought an Isuzu box truck (16 ft I think) hes been helping people move around here and he (like you and I ) loves Colorado. Hes been to Durango and knows the area, so if you got you a 20ft. trailer and with his bobtail, that should be more than enough to get you and your stuff to your destination. LMK if you want his number.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post

Yeah, it should pull that easily. Make sure you have a good hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                For what she paid in moving and storage charges, she could probably have dumped all that shit in a landfill and bought it all new again. I know your situation is different since it wouldn't be long-term storage, but I needed to get that bitterness out.
                Hold on... Your old lady left her shit in storage with PODS, for a year and a half, and it's their fault?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Hold on... Your old lady left her shit in storage with PODS, for a year and a half, and it's their fault?
                  I know it's your hobby to latch onto posts and reinvent the meaning, but don't bother - It's not PODS' fault and I never said it was.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I know it's your hobby to latch onto posts and reinvent the meaning, but don't bother - It's not PODS' fault and I never said it was.
                    Bet yall wont box.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Bet yall wont box.
                      That's why you pay for the full service move.

Comment

I've moved interstate like 5-6 times and did it myself all but once (uhaul or ryder, typically), but the last time was 15 years ago, and probably would not do it again if I could avoid it. Especially with those passes. Hell, even on "normal", moderate interstate passes you'd be doing like 20-30mph. I would worry about even being able to make it over Slumgullion Pass.

I think many of the big 18 wheeler movers actually load your shit into big crates, then forklift them onto the truck, and some actually tote the forklift along. You might ask them about that when getting quotes, as they may be able to get the rig at least at least to the bottom of the hill, then bring it the rest of the way with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          I've moved interstate like 5-6 times and did it myself all but once (uhaul or ryder, typically), but the last time was 15 years ago, and probably would not do it again if I could avoid it. Especially with those passes. Hell, even on "normal", moderate interstate passes you'd be doing like 20-30mph. I would worry about even being able to make it over Slumgullion Pass.

I think many of the big 18 wheeler movers actually load your shit into big crates, then forklift them onto the truck, and some actually tote the forklift along. You might ask them about that when getting quotes, as they may be able to get the rig at least at least to the bottom of the hill, then bring it the rest of the way with that.
                          That would be cool, although its probably about a mile each way.

Comment

I'm not reinventing anything. You didn't say it was PODS fault, but you did say fuck pods, which would lead people to believe it is their fault she her stuff in storage for 18 months, and got charged for it.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So, for anyone wondering, in my situation, Mayflower will truck stuff to their closest warehouse and bring it in smaller trucks. They are coming out Saturday to give me an estimate, so I'll post that amount here. I have a feeling it will be stupid high.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                                So, for anyone wondering, in my situation, Mayflower will truck stuff to their closest warehouse and bring it in smaller trucks. They are coming out Saturday to give me an estimate, so I'll post that amount here. I have a feeling it will be stupid high.
                                Our shit was about $4000 there and $3000 back if I remember correctly. We had an average amount of shit for 1,400 sq feet.
                                Last edited by slow99; 04-28-2015, 05:24 PM.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X