Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck, man! Life is good!!!

Comment

Post your phone number and we'll get you some moving quotes!

Comment

I drove a 26' Uhaul from North Carolina to Colorado towing a trailer with a mustang on it, the truck handled everything just fine. Only thing that sucked was loading and unloading that big ass truck.

Moving back to North Carolina next month and letting someone else move my stuff now that I have a kid.
        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

We tried to get rid of everything. Ended up going with a 12' uhaul.

Hope to go that route again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            We tried to get rid of everything. Ended up going with a 12' uhaul.

Hope to go that route again.
            I'd accumulated a lot of nice, new stuff just in time to put it all in storage where it's sat for the past 3 years. I'm ready to have it back, and will need it to fill up this new house. The place I'm buying is fully furnished, but it's not my shit, so I'm going to have a giant garage sale and then start giving stuff away. If actually prefer they take it all when they sell it to me, but I'm sure they don't want to move it, either. Most of the houses up there we've looked at are sold that way.

Comment

I used 1800packrat, it was pretty painless, spent about $600 in having people load/unload my shit for me from LA to Dallas.

I have 1200sq ft worth of crap, it was $2200 for it to be shipped.

Comment

Hired movers to fill a 26' Uhaul with a BB 454 and tow dolly which sucked ass. No power and got 6mpg. Only thing I gave away which absolutely would not fit was the BBQ.

Comment

Congrats Jluv.. i know how long you've intended on this.

I used mayflower/allied or whatever for my corporate moves, which was spectacular but undoubtedly expensive. I think they paid $2800 just to ship the GT up here. You would be surprised at how much shit they fit into those trucks, all my household goods were contained on that 8x8 or 10x10 spot up front over the hitch, the bikes/skis/buggy/car used up the rest of the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Congrats Jluv.. i know how long you've intended on this.

I used mayflower/allied or whatever for my corporate moves, which was spectacular but undoubtedly expensive. I think they paid $2800 just to ship the GT up here. You would be surprised at how much shit they fit into those trucks, all my household goods were contained on that 8x8 or 10x10 spot up front over the hitch, the bikes/skis/buggy/car used up the rest of the trailer.
                    Thanks, Broheim!

I've got my shit Tetris-style in two storage units - a 10x20 and a 10x10. Heck, I've got almost 10x10 in just Christmas and Halloween decorations.

That reminds me - I've got a pool table FREE to anyone who will come get it. I'm not helping, though, other than to open the storage door and clear a path. After moving it from my last place into storage, I swore I'd never move it another inch.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      Thanks, Broheim!

I've got my shit Tetris-style in two storage units - a 10x20 and a 10x10. Heck, I've got almost 10x10 in just Christmas and Halloween decorations.

That reminds me - I've got a pool table FREE to anyone who will come get it. I'm not helping, though, other than to open the storage door and clear a path. After moving it from my last place into storage, I swore I'd never move it another inch.
                      I might be up in lakewood or arvada in the near future, so make sure and stay in touch when ya'll get your feet on the ground.

Comment

I might be up in lakewood or arvada in the near future, so make sure and stay in touch when ya'll get your feet on the ground.
                        Hell ya!

Comment

Talked to my realtor up there today. Definitely no way an 18-wheeler is getting to the house, but a large box truck should make it. He said what a lot of people do is have the 18-wheeler bring everything as far as they can, and move stuff off of it onto a box truck and take loads up that way.

Another thought - I remembered that I have an old buddy who owns a moving company in Fort Collins. Maybe I can fill up a big POD and have it shipped to him there, and then have them bring my stuff from there to Lake City in two of their box trucks.

Either way, it's probably going to cost me a small fortune.

Comment

You already own a truck capable enough, have you thought about a decent sized enclosed trailer and doing it yourself? spend $3-4k on a trailer, then sell it once you get there.

Comment

You already own a truck capable enough, have you thought about a decent sized enclosed trailer and doing it yourself? spend $3-4k on a trailer, then sell it once you get there.
                              Honestly, with my lift, I don't know how much my towing capability has been affected, and I just don't think I want to try it. If I was going to do that, I'd probably just drive a U-Haul up there. That drive would be a beating, either way, and then I'd have to unload it all when I got there. My realtor does know some guys in town that I could hire to help me unload, so that's a plus. I just really don't want to make that treacherous drive. And in the end, it would probably take two trips. Depending on the costs, that may still be the way to go.

Comment

Its only 800 miles, you can do that! We drove 3300 miles when we moved here, with a 8.5x16 trailer loaded to the gills

Comment

Working...
                                X