Daily commuter suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily commuter suggestions?

Looking for suggestions for a commuter car under $10k. Really just hoping to get a cash car that is $10k or less but they have pretty high miles. Any suggestions to a somewhat fun but more importantly reliable $10k or less car?

I have been looking at 06-08 Jetta/Passat TDI but they are all 150k mile or more cars. Civics and Accords are fairly high mile cars for that range too. Ran across a BMW 335i for $16k which really caught my eye but its $6k more that I want to spend. My F250 doesnt fit in the garage at work. Parking at the garage across the street sucks because you cross Harry Hines and not long ago someone got hit and killed by a bus crossing the street.

Any G35's available in that range?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

No way I'd touch a German car with that many miles on it.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My uncle bought an '08 Acura TSX. It has 110k miles but it's in great condition and was maintained meticulously. I think he gave $8k or close to that at Sewell with an extended warranty. The car is nice and drives great. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

07 tl type s

Comment

Tim, I started a new job in Addison 2 months ago and drive a `10 Genesis Turbo Coupe as the daily. Averaging 24mpg and drives like it's on rails. Very dependable car.

If I were more comfortable with this new gig, I'd be closer to selling it (in the range you are looking at). My guess is that you could find one close to what you are looking for.

David

Comment

Another vote for Acura - I've had great experiences with them.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

You can buy a brand new Kia or Hyundai for that much and get a warranty for 10yrs. and 100k miles. They get really good MPG's. Not sure I would spend that kind of coin for a used car and not know the entire history.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Honda/Acura.

My 2006 civic si 2.0l 6spd is fun to drive, sporty. Timing chain=no maintenance. Cheap oem parts. Easy to fix anything.

I just paid $7500 1 owner 100k for mine a few months ago to replace my 02 SI that had 250k and was bulletproof.
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I'd just keep what you got, and look out for the enormous yellow boxes going down the road. And look both ways.

Comment

Old civic or Corolla. I wouldn't own a vehicle I couldn't drive everyday. Complete waste of money unless your a baller

Comment

toyota prius, 50mpg FTW

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Any G35's available in that range?
                          I have a one owner '03 350z for sale

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                            toyota prius, 50mpg FTW
                            He said somewhat fun.

CN

Comment