Blue Air line for garage/shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Air line for garage/shop

Has anyone used anything like this? Is there a better alternative? Not looking at anything like copper or black iron cause I don't own the place.

I haven't used it, but that seems pretty legit, and its from a trusted mfg.

Comment

HDPE is reasonably tough. Sounds perfect if you're a renter.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

do a search on garage journal. Im pretty sure it has good ratings on there.

Comment

Why not just simple pvc?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Why not just simple pvc?
            It gets brittle and explodes, sending sharp bits of plastic all over the place.

Comment

No pvc

Comment

That's the exact kit that I used in my shop, and I own the place ....has been installed about 5 months now with no issues or leaks whatsoever. I have a main ball-valve shutoff that is just a few feet off of the tank, isolates the whole system. When I'm done working for the day (and if I remember) I usually shut the system off there....I keep my regulator set at 140psi and when I come back a day or 2 later, it's always still holding.

The only complaint that I have is that they don't provide you with enough of the hardware accessories considering that you get 100' of pipe. I only used about 75' of it, and I still had to buy a couple more packages of the black plastic holders (~$15 per pkg), 1 additional manifold (~$25), and I also had to buy an extra T fitting for the hose reel in my setup (~$20). I also recall being a bit irritated by the way that the manifolds required adapters in-order for me to use the air couplers that I wanted....which are the push-lock style Miltons (I highly recommend them too)....using a good industrial type coupler like that requires adapters....which I seem to recall I spent another ~$30 on.

All-in-all I still think it's a good system, very easy to work with and install...but you should plan for an additional ~$100 in misc hardware. Even still, it's WAY more cost effective (and easier to install) than using black pipe or copper.

I bought mine at Northern...it lists for $199, but they often run sales on the kit for $179, and I also used one of those $20 coupons that came in the mail...which brought it down to $159 + tax. Well worth it IMO.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  No pvc
                  This.

The previous owner of my house used 2.5" PVC for his air system, running it through the attic of the shop. He had 3' sections with quick connects sticking straight down through the ceiling in six spots just waiting for someone to bump them. I removed it and just ran simple air hose. My capacity went waaaay down but I'm not worried about digging shards of plastic out of my cranium.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    HDPE is reasonably tough. Sounds perfect if you're a renter.
                    This, plus it says an aluminum core. Regardless.. Those will leak before rupture unlike rigid PVC.

Comment

Ran the Blue at a shop I worked for. Best air line ever ! 150 PSI. J'ed all the air lines off the ceiling ( 16 feet ) complete closed loop over head with drops.

Had 2, 7.5 hp compressors ( 100 gal each) with a dryer. Boss said he wanted it done RIGHT.

No water issues, no rust, 5 years later and we did tighten up all the fittings for preventive mait.

No trouble with the fittings except they are somewhat pricy, as they were stainless. Get some extra o rings until you get good at putting things together.

You can get plated brass fittings. Easy a hell to run.

Comment

I run that in my production shop. Very easy to install and maintain. Haven't had one issue with it. Well worth the cost to install.

Comment

When I get a shop that's what I'm planning to use.

Comment

Ordered the kit. I'll probably go to northern and pick up some more brackets this weekend.

Comment

I have about 80' of straight 3/4 PVC with 3 drops. Matt has seen my setup since he next door. I had 1 issue when it first put in there was leak which caused the pipe to blow. I replaced the section and then did a leak test. No problems going on 2 yrs, I did put mine about 12' up along the walls so they cant be hit with anything though. And mine stays about 185-200 PSI all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X