Walmart suddenly closes 5 stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Hell no because I would have find a new place to buy my ammo!
    gander mountain might drop their prices if walmart closed

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Most importantly, there's a brand new Buc-ees on the north side of Temple.
      I stop in there twice a week or so. Their Hippo burrito kicks ass! They also have by far the cheapest beer prices and a surprisingly good variety.

Comment

I just got finished with a seance with the late Sam Walton and he told me that there is no conspiracy going on here. They truly just have a plumbing problem in that they are trying to flush out all of the union shit and the 5 stores were the ones that were the fullest of that kind of shit.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i wouldnt mind if they closed every. single. one.

god bless.
          I concur. I stopped in one yesterday morning right at 7am though, to pick up some golf balls, as not to pay the clubhouse rape premium, and it wasn't too bad. The only reason I set foot in there is because I knew it'd be empty.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            i wouldnt mind if they closed every. single. one.

god bless.
            Agreed.

Although it might kick-start the apocalypse, I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Have to love the conspiracy angle on this situation.
              One of the more hilariously paradoxical elements found within the ramblings of ultra right-wing dickheads:

-The government is so incompetent they cant even get anything simple to go right!
              -The government has perfectly executed this ludicrously complex conspiracy/plan without any flaw.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I guess thats one way of getting out of the 25 an hour the Midland store was paying.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Walmart hiked its minimum wage to $10/hr, so they had to lay people off to make that sustainable. They even handled it right, no matter what the media says. They offered 2 months' severance for everyone laid off.
                  To full time people right? Most of Walmart's people are part time. They did say they could transfer though. I guess that will teach them to picket their employers.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                    I guess thats one way of getting out of the 25 an hour the Midland store was paying.
                    Competition with the drilling rigs caused this right?
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      To full time people right? Most of Walmart's people are part time. They did say they could transfer though. I guess that will teach them to picket their employers.
                      Yup. They were actually trying to get ahead of minimum wages in several states, so they just went chain-wide. It's kind of a gimme.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Competition with the drilling rigs caused this right?
                        Pretty much. I've seen fast food joints offering $15-18 starting pay out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X