gift cards on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gift cards on Craigslist

Is this some kind of scam? I'm looking for Lowes or Home Depot gift cards, around $2000 bucks worth, which tend to sell for $.85 on the dollar. Found two ads that says they're willing to meet at the store to make the purchase and then I/we pay them afterwards. Seems legit, I just don't see where they're getting this much on a card and if there's something I'm missing?

As long as they pay for the item, and I get it and the receipt outside of the store, is there any catch? It would be for a riding mower so I don't think I'll need to return it.

Except they are going to beat your ass and steal your money that they know you will have... in cash
    2012 GT500

Comment

Hell no, just go buy the damn mower.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Using carded credit cards. As long as your ok with it and don't plan on returning any items....

Comment

Oh and stock up when staples has 50 dollar Lowe's gift cards for 40

Comment

The mower is right at $2000! If my math is correct, using $2000 worth of gift cards for .85 cents on the dollar, and using a 10% coupon, that would save me just under $500 bucks.

Comment

Hell yea. Use common sense when you meet them, but I'm very sure it's not a scam. People just need it to be cash. I've seen it done so many times
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                Hell yea. Use common sense when you meet them, but I'm very sure it's not a scam. People just need it to be cash. I've seen it done so many times
                This is a lot of it. People may have received a gift card and need cash instead to buy stuff elsewhere. The other part may be someone using credit card points to claim gift cards and then sell for cash. I have a friend that does this.

Comment

8.5% discount for Home Depot

Personally I'd feel much better doing something like that over meeting someone from Craigslist

Comment

I just cant believe how much people are paying for gift cards on ebay and such. Its almost pointless when they are paying 95-99% full price.

Comment

The only way I would buy any would be to meet them at Lowe's or HD, have then scan their card to pay for it, then pay them .85 cents on the dollar outside the store once I get the receipt...so in that sense, I'm not too worried about getting jacked.

Comment

Or they steal stuff and return it for instore credit....

If they are willing to let you pay after you have checked out I do not see the problem here.....

Comment

Just steal the mower.

Comment

The only scam to be concerned about is the seller writing down the card number and pin and buying something online with it before you had the chance to use the card

Comment

I'd only do it if the amount you save is greater than the amount you spent getting the deal done. By that I mean, your time isn't free, so remember to consider that cost.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X