class reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

told myself I was never going back when I was there, and I've held to that

I'm still friends with my friends from highschool, we reunion just fine on our own
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      If you decide on a brewery Lakewood just opened their new one and it's pretty nice. They have a dedicated tap room and are setup as a bar or a brewery. Something the local breweries haven't really done yet.

Interesting. I could have sworn that was a huge no no with TABC. I don't know if I'm not remembering correctly, or if something has changed.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        Didn't go to mine, the tickets were $60/each. So $120, a babysitter, plus the 45 minute drive to Mesquite just to see a bunch of people I haven't attempted to talk to in the age of Facebook. No thanks
        This, plus I'd have to catch a flight to NC to attend mine. I went to my 10 year because I had only been in Texas a year, they held it around Thanksgiving, and I happened to be in town visiting my folks. I haven't been to one since and won't in the future.

Comment

Mine was typical Lake Highlands. They rented out the foundation room at House of Blues and then did an after-party at some bar in the W.

Tickets? $250 a person. I laughed heartily. Who gives a fuck about high school?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Interesting. I could have sworn that was a huge no no with TABC. I don't know if I'm not remembering correctly, or if something has changed.
            The laws have changed. As long as they produce less than 225k barrels a year they can sell 5k a year for on premises consumption, which equates to over 1.2 million pints. The biggest independent brewery in Texas (St. Arnold's) produces less than half that so everyone not named Shiner, Miller or Coors can sell on site if they want.

Martin House was selling extra samples almost immediately after the laws changed. In DFW though as far as I know they were the only ones. You still get the 3 samples included with the tour but you could buy as many extra as you want. Where most other breweries are very strict about their limits.

Comment

I'll never go to a HS reunion.

The closest thing that will come to that is an unexpected encounter. My wife bought something on facebook and asked me to go pick it up. I show up at the house and lo and behold its a guy I got into a fight with in HS. It was a bit ackward I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                The laws have changed. As long as they produce less than 225k barrels a year they can sell 5k a year for on premises consumption, which equates to over 1.2 million pints. The biggest independent brewery in Texas (St. Arnold's) produces less than half that so everyone not named Shiner, Miller or Coors can sell on site if they want.

Martin House was selling extra samples almost immediately after the laws changed. In DFW though as far as I know they were the only ones. You still get the 3 samples included with the tour but you could buy as many extra as you want. Where most other breweries are very strict about their limits.
                Well, there ya go. Good to know.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'm already in touch with everyone I want to be in touch with from high school. The rest of them can kick rocks.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My 20yr was last year. It was a good time. It was a two night affair at different places in Arlington. I think everyone agreed that it could've and maybe should've just been the Saturday thing, as many of us were a little damaged from Friday night drinking.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    I'm already in touch with everyone I want to be in touch with from high school. The rest of them can kick rocks.
                    That has pretty much been my experience too, but they're still fun. I'm still close with about 20 people from high school. We were really tight and still have an annual howl-at-the-moon campout every year. I'll keep going to reunions just as an excuse to get together with the fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      My 20yr was last year. It was a good time. It was a two night affair at different places in Arlington. I think everyone agreed that it could've and maybe should've just been the Saturday thing, as many of us were a little damaged from Friday night drinking.

That has pretty much been my experience too, but they're still fun. I'm still close with about 20 people from high school. We were really tight and still have an annual howl-at-the-moon campout every year. I'll keep going to reunions just as an excuse to get together with the fellas.
                      Man, I grew up poor in a country club neighborhood, with a mom that flat hated the Lakewood PTA moms, so I was doomed to be an outsider. I made a ton of friends as an adult, but as a kid in that neighborhood, it sucked.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Man, I grew up poor in a country club neighborhood, with a mom that flat hated the Lakewood PTA moms, so I was doomed to be an outsider. I made a ton of friends as an adult, but as a kid in that neighborhood, it sucked.
                        Yeah, we were lucky in that sense. Middle class kids in a pretty middle class school. (Arlington High in the early 90's) It literally made no difference what kind of money people's folks made in my group of friends. It was more about where and when the next party was going to happen. Good times.

Comment

I'll throw another vote in for the Lakewood Brewing idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X