No announcement yet.

Sleep number Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an early model Select Comfort queen bed (prior to the sleep number pumps/remotes). I used that bed for ~14 years, just got rid of it last fall.

I wouldn't have paid that $, my dad did but gave it to me after a month of him not liking it. For me it had some bad, but mostly good. I do miss it.

The SN bed is very modular, the whole top unzips. I upgraded mine a few times throughout the years by changing out the cheaper egg crate foam with a 3" gel memory foam. This helped me get 14 years out of it.

The best thing about a SN bed... never once got a backache. Never feels "hot" like foam, never woke up tired with bad sleep. No leaks, no pressure issues. Only 1 air chamber got a puncture during a move, SN replaced it under warranty.

The bad things about a SN bed. Air moves. Twin chambers can cause you to roll toward the middle where the chambers meet. Constantly being in the middle causes the foam in the middle to give and break down. This further promotes you to roll towards the center. Worst is if someone is in the center it disrupts the air on your side.

In retrospect, I should have killed off that bed around the 10 year mark. If i did, I think all my comments would be positive. I do think the SN bed is great if you sleep solo or get one with a single air chamber.

The GF as a tempurpedic, she loves it. I like it but but sometimes painful.

I have a tempurpedic knock off costco/amazon king memory foam. It's a bit stiff (higher density). Took a month to get used to it. I wake up a lot more with arms put to sleep and stiff neck/back with some frequency.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I have a tempurpedic cloud or something like that. My wife wanted this one and I didn't really care so went with it. I didn't think it was a big deal until my last few hotel stays and I realized I've gotten used to it and it is nice. it doesn't sleep hot or anything like the older ones. I think it was around 5k though so not sure where SN are but I thought it was crazy to pay that much for a damn mattress!

Comment

Working...
      X