Sleep number Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep number Bed?

Any feedback? We are in the market for a new mattress.... So many options.

I like that they have a 25 year warranty vs the 10 year warranty on most other brands.

I've know 3 people who bought a sleep number bed. All 3 got rid of the SN bed within a year.

Memory foam/tempurpedic with cooling gel is where it's at !

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
      I've know 3 people who bought a sleep number bed. All 3 got rid of the SN bed within a year.

Memory foam/tempurpedic with cooling gel is where it's at !
      x2

Comment

I have one bought the best one they make and we like it. My mother bought a cheap one they hated it. They sold it and bought a better one and love it so I think allot is based off what you buy from them. We bought the i10 with all upgraded foams I think they disconinued them and have another model now but it was 5k for king
        sigpic

Comment

We bought somewhere in the middle 3 or so years ago. Haven't got rid of it yet but it will be gone in the near future. Wanna say it's a 6 or 7 model but really can't rememeber.

Comment

My boss has had one for about 10 years. All he added was a memory foam topper to it(at the time they didn't offer one). I think recently the pump went out and he replaced it with a new sleep number.

I bought a Casper brand mattress and I'm liking it. It's a memory foam type mattress, not adjustable.

Comment

I don't know about sleep number, but I bought one of those super soft memory foam expensive mattresses and its fucking rocks.

Comment

My mattress is a damn torture device. What I really need is a king sized pillow that does a good impression of a bed.

Comment

The other years we've spent 1K or more on mattresses and as you may read most mattresses won't last more than 7-10 years.

This year came around and I thought hard about buying a SN bed. When I read about them a little further I was disappointed they'd charge so much for them. This year we just bought a 13" or so memory foam mattress with the cooling...etc and love it so far (1 month).

It was a 500-600 dollar mattress and frankly the SNs should cost that much and the others should cost more. When you read further and see what they are made of, you may agree with me on it. All it is are some air mattresses dressed up with some thin foam. Air pump attaches to the mattresses and maintains a specific pressure.

At least it tries to, but most reviews I read showed heavy disappointment in that. They would lose pressure throughout the night and end up running the air pump to re-inflate. I believe it too since most air mattresses leak at least a tiny amount.

My main disappointment was around the construction of the air mattress though. I'd read up on them a little further prior to spending the money of them. My wife and I decided that for the price of one of those setups, we could buy 3-4 regular foam mattresses and be good for awhile. The new memory foam is nothing like the old stuff, it's really nice. You can get it online and shipped to your home for free.

Frankly, I really wanted a SN - but there is no way I could justify the cost after seeing what it is made of overall. For some reason I thought there was some sort of mechanical method that increased/decreased the firmness.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    The other years we've spent 1K or more on mattresses and as you may read most mattresses won't last more than 7-10 years.

This year came around and I thought hard about buying a SN bed. When I read about them a little further I was disappointed they'd charge so much for them. This year we just bought a 13" or so memory foam mattress with the cooling...etc and love it so far (1 month).

It was a 500-600 dollar mattress and frankly the SNs should cost that much and the others should cost more. When you read further and see what they are made of, you may agree with me on it. All it is are some air mattresses dressed up with some thin foam. Air pump attaches to the mattresses and maintains a specific pressure.

At least it tries to, but most reviews I read showed heavy disappointment in that. They would lose pressure throughout the night and end up running the air pump to re-inflate. I believe it too since most air mattresses leak at least a tiny amount.

My main disappointment was around the construction of the air mattress though. I'd read up on them a little further prior to spending the money of them. My wife and I decided that for the price of one of those setups, we could buy 3-4 regular foam mattresses and be good for awhile. The new memory foam is nothing like the old stuff, it's really nice. You can get it online and shipped to your home for free.

Frankly, I really wanted a SN - but there is no way I could justify the cost after seeing what it is made of overall. For some reason I thought there was some sort of mechanical method that increased/decreased the firmness.
                    This is what deterred me from a sleep number bed. I went to a local store and talked to the salesman who had a similar setup(claimed it was made by the same guy as the SN, just not marketed the same). He pulled back the topper on their version and I was almost shocked it didn't say Coleman on the air mattresses.

Salesman trying to push me towards an adjustable head/foot bed which I held off, for now. Raising and lowering the sections made my back feel great, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a craftmatic adjustable bed!

The Casper I bought is great and I will move it to the spare room once I get new bedroom furniture. I may buy another if I don't go with the adjustable. They give a 120 day free trial and free shipping both ways(if needed). I think they are made 100% in the USA too. If I look back through emails, I may have a $50 coupon code.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      He pulled back the topper on their version and I was almost shocked it didn't say Coleman on the air mattresses.
                      This is what a few reviews said and one of them was from a guy who bought one and was setting it up. He was highly disappointed and based off the comments there was no reason not to believe him.

I have no problems spending money on good things if it's worth it and it'll last. They could not even be bothered to use some high grade/expensive type air mattress in there though. i.e. a thicker rubber type bladder or something.

When you see the pics (or in your case real life), it's an eye opener.

Comment

What kind did you buy Ceyko? I Figured it would be a couple grand for one so I hadn't looked into it just yet but for 6-700 I'm good for a new one.

Comment

It was something like this one...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Brentwood-Home-Mattress-CertiPUR-US-Warranty/dp/B00JJZ1A9M/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1428983746&sr=8-13&keywords=king+size+mattress[/ame]

I know it was not that EXACT one but the wife ordered it and said she did not like the cover but ordered something else - but similar. I can ask her for what exactly she ordered.

Comment

The Sarge hooked it the fuck up on my last mattress.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Had one. Sucked. Have a Tempurpedic now
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X