Dont need another project...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont need another project...but

My father in law called and found a 66 coupe partially restored, ready to paint, complete with running 6 cylinder and cruise o matic, all new interior for 1500...old dude passed and wife is selling...I've never dove off into any classics other than aircooled veedubs, so what am I getting into and what am I looking for? Ive googled and only 5,469 were made with the turd sixer with auto tranny...should keep it stock...maybe?

Buy it, restomod.

Comment

That 200/C4 figure can't be right. About half a million coupes were built in 66. Even so, it wouldn't matter. There's nothing rare about a sixer coupe.

It basically goes like this: if you want a V8, you're generally going to be better off with a V8 car. Tons of differences in every system including suspension and brakes. If you plan to replace everything, disregard that.

The price isn't bad, but paint is expensive and I would be interested to know how much bodywork it needs.

If you just want to putt around, the 6 is fine, but know that it will redefine the meaning of "slow".

It'll likely need at least another grand worth of stuff you're not even thinking about plus paint. Add that to the purchase price and you may already be more expensive with this car than finding a decent driver that's already shiny.
      Last edited by BLAKE; 04-12-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X