What would DFWM do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    It doesn't matter if you're happy with your pay prior to knowing someone you think produces less than u you makes more. It is a matter of knowing the company values that person more AND is willing to pay more (or at least confirms you as undervalued).

I'd seriously have a heart to heart and shoot straight with a WTF to the powers that be.
    The first thing they will ask is why you are discussing pay with your co-workers. Its a slippery slop from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      The first thing they will ask is why you are discussing pay with your co-workers. Its a slippery slop from there.
      Some places is termination.

Comment

Tell them you've been studying, are now bilingual, and every time a customer asks if you "speaky spanish", you tell them "Chinga tu madre!"
        Technically, you weren't lying.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Word. Just keep in good standing, keep collecting the checks, and look for something else. Isn't worth the risk, in my opinion. Not to mention, I'd be throwing all my friends under the bus as well.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Some places is termination.
            I've known a couple places like that. Said they'd fire us if we discussed wages. Teenage years.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              I've known a couple places like that. Said they'd fire us if we discussed wages. Teenage years.
              When you were a company man @ 12 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                I would rather quit then ask for more money. Hell they may just let you go when you ask for more money.
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                When you were a company man @ 12 years old?
                Of course. Can't you read??
                WH

Comment

Time to piss you off even more, I made 15$ an hour as an assistant manager with 50hrs each week, overtime was nice. I was paid more then people who have worked there for 15 years, I was also way better at my job then them. If this person came from autozone and you are just matching pay then that's your fault for accepting the shitty pay that oreillys offers the employees that work there. Most of the time the bilinguals will get paid .50 more also.

Needless to say, I've been promoted since and make almost 10k more a year now.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    Time to piss you off even more, I made 15$ an hour as an assistant manager with 50hrs each week, overtime was nice. I was paid more then people who have worked there for 15 years, I was also way better at my job then them. If this person came from autozone and you are just matching pay then that's your fault for accepting the shitty pay that oreillys offers the employees that work there. Most of the time the bilinguals will get paid .50 more also.

Goddamn what a baller! It's "than" btw.

Comment

Return it with a question as to how they come up with their compensation... as you slam a recording device on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        Goddamn what a baller! It's "than" btw.
                        Not really. But the competitors pay shit, most of the time 10-11/hr for manager positions.

McDonald's pays more then that.

Comment

She came from Whataburger. Worked there for like 10 years or some shit.
                          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not really. But the competitors pay shit, most of the time 10-11/hr for manager positions.

McDonald's pays more then that.
                            It's still "than."
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                              She came from Whataburger. Worked there for like 10 years or some shit.
                              That's pretty shitty, I bet she's a blast to look at too.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              It's still "than."
                              Then then then then

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                You just answered your own question. They are likely getting a higher pay grade simply for being bilingual. And you should never discuss pay with your coworkers. Your reaction is the reason why it has always been an office taboo.
                                This...

Comment

Working...
                                X