Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
    There are still rules of engagement. .
    Which were never crossed. Terminate the threat.

Comment

He's was doing his job

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        That said...and with absolutely zero disrespect intended. A guy with that many human kills (and maybe even some for sport, if you believe the stories)....he should be expected to have a few screws loose.
        I wholeheartedly agree, perhaps racist isn't the right word, but he killed people for a living. Justified, legal, or whatever you want to label it to feel better, he killed people for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I wholeheartedly agree, perhaps racist isn't the right word, but he killed people for a living. Justified, legal, or whatever you want to label it to feel better, he killed people for a living.
          Right? A couple of my buddies and I were talking about that one night (literally around a camp fire) on a bird-hunting weekend....it actually kind of came up that way....comparing our bird-count to his people-count (it didn't seem as weird at the time )

He was active 10 years, with his first confirmed kill about 3-years in....so that means he racked up those 160 over a 7-year period, which is an average of ~23/year. That is definitely some people-hunting....and he was pretty damned good at it!
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I have a lot of respect for him doing his job like he was supposed to. Personally I would not have made it as public as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Funny, that's not what is Iraqi interpreter had to say...
              Awesome.

Got a link for that story?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Right? A couple of my buddies and I were talking about that one night (literally around a camp fire) on a bird-hunting weekend....it actually kind of came up that way....comparing our bird-count to his people-count (it didn't seem as weird at the time )

He was active 10 years, with his first confirmed kill about 3-years in....so that means he racked up those 160 over a 7-year period, which is an average of ~23/year. That is definitely some people-hunting....and he was pretty damned good at it!
                It takes a "unique" individual to hunt roughly 2 people a month for 7 years.

I'm not saying that perhaps those people didn't deserve to die, but it's one thing to wish death on someone, and something entirely different to pull the trigger.

Comment

He wasn't hunting people... As he said in his book and numerous interviews, the only reason he killed was to protect his fellow Americans from being hurt or killed, and he was very good at doing that...
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Based off his book (As I know very little about snipers in OEF/OIF), it could be argued they came to him and he just protected his perimeter.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

He would have hunted high value targets and conducted counter sniper (basically hunting humans also). And I find nothing wrong with either. Remove the captains and for every insurgency head figure they can remove from the battle space the safer our boys are 10 fold.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

University of Michigan reverses decision, will show 'American Sniper' as scheduled.

Comment

Why are we still talking about this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Because he was great at killing goat fucking rag heads?
                            Last edited by CexMashean; 04-09-2015, 05:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Same reason people talk about Audie Murphy. People like war heros; it is a romanticized topic.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Why the fuck not???

Comment

Working...
                                X