Jeep jk guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep jk guys

Quick question... I smelled something this morning that smelled "hot" when I got to work. I smelled it again when I got home. I slid under the jeep and found that the rubber boot on the front shaft coming out of the transfer case has split and has slung grease all over the exhaust causing the smell. Can I just remove the front shaft and run like that until I get it fixed? Does the portion of the shaft that mates with the transfer case seal the case off in any way? It's a weird type of joint there and I can't tell.

How tall is your lift?

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Budget boost 2.5"

Comment

Did you go offroading this weekend? I'm no expert but when you lift these things very much and don't change the driveshafts the boot rubs on the exhaust when it flexes off-road and ends up doing what you describe. Aftermarket shafts are smaller diameter.
        Justin

Comment

It's been a few weeks and to be honest I have not noticed the smell until today. The undeside is covered from slung grease. I removed it a minute ago and need a place to fix that boot. It looks like I will be fine without it but no 4wd.

Comment

Teraflex makes exhaust spacers so it doesn't bind up when you're wheeling. I have a brand new front DS if you're interested.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Pm me price

Comment

Working...
              X