Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with some acreage in Rockwall/Fate/Royce City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with some acreage in Rockwall/Fate/Royce City?

I'm looking for someone willing to let me keep some beehives on their property in exchange for a little honey. I live in Fate, so I'm trying to keep it close. I currently keep all my hives at my family's farm in East Texas, but would like to bring 2-3 closer to home to try a few things this year. I know we have a few members this direction, anyone have room? It really doesn't take much, I'd keep them in my backyard if it wasn't for the HOA.

If you think we might be able to work something out, let me know! I thought I had someone locked in but they backed out.
    DamonH

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
    I'm looking for someone willing to let me keep some beehives on their property in exchange for a little honey. I live in Fate, so I'm trying to keep it close. I currently keep all my hives at my family's farm in East Texas, but would like to bring 2-3 closer to home to try a few things this year. I know we have a few members this direction, anyone have room? It really doesn't take much, I'd keep them in my backyard if it wasn't for the HOA.

If you think we might be able to work something out, let me know! I thought I had someone locked in but they backed out.
    I'm just down the road from you. How much room do they require? How far away from people?

Comment

Bees are awesome. I would let some live in my back yard since I don't do anything else back there besides mow. I live in Dallas though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        I'm just down the road from you. How much room do they require? How far away from people?
        They don't require much room, it's more about how comfortable you are with having them close. If you have kids, or someone who will be around that's allergic you'll want a little distance just to be safe. As long as you are aren't standing right in the way of the hive entrance they mostly aren't interested in you. My hives have always been pretty mellow, I frequently walk up with no protection to check on them. I've been at it a few years now and no stings yet! Knock on wood - I'll get stung next time I check on them now. heh
        DamonH

Comment

I live on 22 acres between greenville and celeste. It's not too far from Fate. I might be interested.
          It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
            I live on 22 acres between greenville and celeste. It's not too far from Fate. I might be interested.
            Taking 66 from fate to Greenville, its ~30 min FYI
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
              Our Farm (where the rest of the hives are) is the other direction on 69 on the other side of Lone Oak. I can get to the farm in ~40 minutes, so you wouldn't be saving me much time. I might hit you up as a temporary location for when I do splits if I don't find a closer property. Either way, thanks!
              DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                Our Farm (where the rest of the hives are) is the other direction on 69 on the other side of Lone Oak. I can get to the farm in ~40 minutes, so you wouldn't be saving me much time. I might hit you up as a temporary location for when I do splits if I don't find a closer property. Either way, thanks!
                No problem. I've been thinking about getting a few hives going so I may hit you up from time to time for some advice!
                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I need some honey, they say it helps with allergies.
                  Come put over in our field yard over by fm551 overpass ih30

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    I need some honey, they say it helps with allergies.
                    Come put over in our field yard over by fm551 overpass ih30
                    Make sure it is local and unfiltered. Local as in from the same town!
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Thats. Why i would want his. I work in Fate.

Comment

There's my place if you need a place to put bees
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Is Terrell too far?

Comment

Can one get an a exemption for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Can one get an a exemption for that?
                              actually I was reading about ag exemptions and someone on texasbowhunter said you can get it

Comment

Working...
                              X