No announcement yet.

Nice Hotel in Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that sucks, but at least you have a little more spending money for the rest of the trip. I can't imagine anyone would be happy with the room after that build-up, damn near false advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      I was promised a mountain view. The lady said the hotel was on top of a hill overlooking town, I'm getting a high floor, etc. Said we'd be able to see over the city and to the mountains on the other side. The place is not on a hill, and only has 15 floors. It's surrounded by HUGE buildings, so there is no mountain view. Just buildings that dwarf this one. I'm sure some of them have mountain views.

The big kicker was the heated rooftop pool. We were looking forward to that, even shopping for swim trunks when we landed. Got there - pool is under construction. Closed.

The lady on the phone bragged about a rainfall shower. Maybe this is one is my mistake for assuming that it meant the big round shower head above that rains down water. Nope. It's a standard cheap tub with a standard shower head that comes up to my chest, just like anywhere else.

The room itself stinks, has stains all over the loose, wrinkly carpet, has a ghetto looking balcony, the whole room just has has a tackiness to it, like it was finished out by very cheap labor... 40 years ago.

I wouldn't care much about any of that shit if it was only a $200 room. So I called and bitched about it, and they turned it into a $150 room. Good enough.

Would never stay again, though. It's just kind of a dump.

Damn. lmao. Did they tell the truth about anything?
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Shoulda listened to me... Magnolia FTW!

It probably HAD mountain views, in 1953, before the buildings around it were built...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Shoulda listened to me... Magnolia FTW
          On the Bedbug Registry

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            On the Bedbug Registry
            No recent reports, it's clean now!

I stayed in Jan 2006, it was a while ago...

Comment

Sucks you got a shit hotel, if it wasn't snowing I would offer to take you gold panning. Be sure to hit up Casa Bonita before you leave.
              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I'm down in Lake City now, and everything is right in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  I'm down in Lake City now, and everything is right in the world.
                  I take it you found the rec shop.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                    I take it you found the rec shop.
                    Ha! Yes, that too.

Comment

Working...
                    X