Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New single sticker registration and inspection question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New single sticker registration and inspection question.

The inspection on my car expired at the end of March. My registration id good until December. Can I just scrape of my expired inspection sticker and wait till December to get it done before renewing the registration?
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

That's what I was told at the office in Red Oak, but they didn't say anything about scraping 5he expired one off yet.

Comment

I was told you get your car inspected when it is due, they just dont give you a sticker and you keep the receipt in case the system is wrong when you register it later. From what I have heard if sounds like the inspections and registrations are going to still be due in separate months but I don't know if that is true.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        I was told you get your car inspected when it is due, they just dont give you a sticker and you keep the receipt in case the system is wrong when you register it later. From what I have heard if sounds like the inspections and registrations are going to still be due in separate months but I don't know if that is true.
        Was that the inspection station or the DPS office?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Was that the inspection station or the DPS office?
          Station

Comment

I scrapped mine off and plan to getting it done in january. Been stopped once and the officer couldn't give me a definative answer so i'll drive till I get one. Registration is good till january. inspection expires in may.

Comment

I got ticketed in Waxahachie last month on a saturday. That Monday they left a message saying it was dismissed due to new law. Just peel it off and carry on.

Comment

Sweet. The Cobra's insp. sticker is expired but I just got a new registration for it a month or so ago. Now I can hit the road with it as soon as I get it tuned and not have to worry about it for a year.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Ok, cool. I was going to just scrape it off and play stupid if I got stopped. Which would kind of be true since I've gotten conflicting info. But it seems most people I've talked to are doing the same, scraping it off and just waiting to get it inspected.
                  "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                    Ok, cool. I was going to just scrape it off and play stupid if I got stopped. Which would kind of be true since I've gotten conflicting info. But it seems most people I've talked to are doing the same, scraping it off and just waiting to get it inspected.
                    As expected with any new rule the government roles out, no one in the government knows what the hell they are supposed to actually do.

Comment

As expected with any new rule the government roles out, no one in the government knows what the hell they are supposed to actually do.
                      so true.

Comment

Texas DPS: "Open carry of handguns? We will need several extra months to prepare for that. New vehicle inspection law? We'll just wing it."

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                          I scrapped mine off and plan to getting it done in january. Been stopped once and the officer couldn't give me a definative answer so i'll drive till I get one. Registration is good till january. inspection expires in may.
                          Mine expired in January 2015 and the registration expires in December 2015, so I scraped the inspection sticker off to avoid drawing attention to it and will have the car inspected sometime next November or early December.

Comment

This is correct, from the DPS site:

"Prior to Feb, 29, 2016, you must have a passing vehicle inspection at the time you register or renew your vehicle’s registration. If your inspection expires before your registration, you are required to get your vehicle inspected before the inspection expiration date."

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              This is correct, from the DPS site:

"Prior to Feb, 29, 2016, you must have a passing vehicle inspection at the time you register or renew your vehicle’s registration. If your inspection expires before your registration, you are required to get your vehicle inspected before the inspection expiration date."

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/misc/faq/viFAQ.htm
                              That's bullshit, and another reason for a cop to pull you over without any other probably cause.

Comment

Working...
                              X