Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who signs up for credit cards just to get the initial rewards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who signs up for credit cards just to get the initial rewards?

i have plenty of credit cards, mainly use my Amazon points card for all expenses each month. Who signs up for cards just for the initial benefits?? Seems my credit already has been hit from shopping around for best rates on a car loan.

Looking at a United mileage card so I can get free bags, lounge passes, and bonus miles to upgrade to first class to Hawaii in June. Thoughts?
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

You're better off farming points from card to card.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Don't be a slave to the plastic. Pay for everything with crisp 100 dollar bills and live right!

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
        Don't be a slave to the plastic. Pay for everything with crisp 100 dollar bills and live right!
        Word.

Jesus wept
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I got a bass pro card to get $25 off my purchase of a gun. then ripped it up and payed it off. thats the only way I mess with them, other then that I stick to debit cards. One screw up/late fee on a credit card can wash away all the savings in my opinion so I just leave them alone

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
            end thread
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
              end thread
              Just pay them off before the billing cycle ends and stack up the points.

They are also great for company trips. $$$ in the bank.

Comment

To the op, I do. Sign up bonuses can be very lucrative. For instances, 3 cards yielded me 175000 aa miles. To put a monetary value on that, you can fly dfw to Hawaii roundtrip for 45,000 miles. So what is the value of 4 round trip tickets to Hawaii?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Just pay them off before the billing cycle ends and stack up the points.

They are also great for company trips. $$$ in the bank.
                  Sounds like a plastic slave trying to increase his I LOVE DEBT score.
                  Jesus wept
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Sounds like a plastic slave trying to increase his I LOVE DEBT score.
                    Jesus wept
                    I just wanted someone to like me

Comment

I have had the same card for years and usually get about $600 a year in cash back. I use it for Christmas.

But I have sinned brothers, I am here to tell you that I have sinned despite years of clean living and being right with our lord and savior, Dave Ramsey. Please don't purge me from the church. You see, I gave in to temptation and left a balance on my card two months ago and had to pay $20 interest on it. To repent with the church I plan to say four Hail Dave Ramseys and to write a check to pay off my mortgage in the next 90 days, achieving the highest level of divinity, being completely debt free.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I got the United mileage card a few years ago. If you plan to use United only it pays off, but their prices are on the high end to begin with. I saved more on a few cheap flights than I would have netted in points buying only UA.

Comment

This thread makes Dave Ramsey cry.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Back in my 20's I had 23 credit cards. I was a fool. I'm 39 now and just got done with that shit few years ago. I have zero cards now and love it.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Holy shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X