Anyone here rent a shop space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here rent a shop space?

My brother in law and I are thinking about renting a shop to store all our cars/trailers/tools ect.

Anyone here do it already? Pros/cons
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Pro: You have a shop, and room to work.

CON: Your project isn't in the garage, and that takes away time where you could be working on it.

Comment

Only con is rent going up, but thats yearly

Comment

Get renters insurance on everything. Other than thay wrench on.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
          My brother in law and I are thinking about renting a shop to store all our cars/trailers/tools ect.
          This sums mine up quite well, we joke that things go there to die and b forgotten and well...

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            Pro: You have a shop, and room to work.

CON: Your project isn't in the garage, and that takes away time where you could be working on it.
            At this point the amount of time it takes to clear out space to work and put it all back after, travel time would be a wash
            Originally posted by sosoe View Post
            Only con is rent going up, but thats yearly
            Rent price will be a factor but we both do some side work that could help offset some of that
            Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            Get renters insurance on everything. Other than thay wrench on.
            We hadn't thought about insurance. We did plan for an alarm and video surveillance
            Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
            This sums mine up quite well, we joke that things go there to die and b forgotten and well...
            Ha!
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

I rented a shop in Keller for 8 + years

For most of those years , I felt like it was fairly safe and secure , the city started to get closer and, one of the spaces was broken into .

I checked into renters insurance and nothing at that time existed not sure if that changed lately

Comment

Utility rates suck, as you will be paying the Commerical rate, not residential. First gas bill we received in the winter was a jaw dropper!
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  Utility rates suck, as you will be paying the Commerical rate, not residential. First gas bill we received in the winter was a jaw dropper!
                  I have all mine under my Gubment name, but this is true. Example, for the internet I was going to be charged an extra $20 per month if I wanted it under the shops name. I said, "yeah no Thanks, put it under my name".

Comment

When I had a actual shop over in haslet my minimum monthy electric was around 25 bucks. Didn't have Internet or anything else and I think that was txu at the time. Now I have an airplane hanger and my minimum electric bill is 11 bucks with coserv.

Comment

When I had a actual shop over in haslet my minimum monthy electric was around 25 bucks. Didn't have Internet or anything else and I think that was txu at the time. Now I have an airplane hanger and my minimum electric bill is 11 bucks with coserv.

I wish!!! electric bills run around 45-65 per month (welder, parts washer, compressor, ect).. damn gas bill is what hurts.. learned real quick to keep the heat down and bundle up with clothes..
                      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Where did you find a hanger for rent?
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

northwest regional airpark

Comment

I've got a 40x30 shop in a little tentacle of City of Fort Worth. Everything that surrounds it is Hurst or Haltom City. Electric hasn't gotten over $25/mo yet.

Pro is, the shop is a great place to get work done on my project cars. My home garage stays organized, clean, and available to keep our dailys in.

Con is, it costs money and this is just a hobby for me, not a vocation.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                            X