NY to LA in 26 hrs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    how much room was dedicated to red bull and beef jerky?
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      I've done that drive, non-stop, multiple times. Here's my issue with their claim, and the logistics. My truck has a 300 gallon capacity, which nets me 1600 miles between fill ups. It's not limited, so 70-75, and even 80-85 (in West Texas) is no problem. I have Pre-Pass, which allows me to bypass weigh stations.

With minimal piss breaks, and 10.5 hour shifts, the best I've managed from NYC to Dallas is 25 hours. That's not possible right now because I-40 from Brinkley, AR to east of Little Rock is under heavy construction. The best I've managed from Dallas to LA is 22 hours (granted, California is 55 for trucks....but I still run close to 65).

47 hours, with a maximum of 3 20 minute fuel stops and a minimum of breaks. They shaved 21 hours off of that.....in a car.

I'm more inclined to believe that they put the gps in a Cessna and flew there. If it's true, kudos to them.
      I've done Dallas to Woodland Hills, CA in 19 hours on a sport bike....slept for 14 hours afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        so youre more inclined to believe that it takes 25 hours to fly across the country than them averaging 100+ mph in a car to make it in that time, even though you cant come close to that in your box truck? lol get the fuck out of here

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          I've done Dallas to Woodland Hills, CA in 19 hours on a sport bike....slept for 14 hours afterwards
          Fuck that's moving, that comes to about 77 mph average speed It may not sound like that fast, but I know you had to make more stops for fuel.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Fuck that's moving, that comes to about 92 mph average speed.
            NM, AZ, NV, all wide open expanses... when i rode my 600rr from dallas to vegas i hauled ass the whole way.

edit: you no math'n motherfucker!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              NM, AZ, NV, all wide open expanses... when i rode my 600rr from dallas to vegas i hauled ass the whole way.

edit: you no math'n motherfucker!
              Bitch, I typed in the wrong city (Woodlands, instead of Woodland hills), I had him going to north Cali instead of the LA area, I re-did my calculations.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
              X