No announcement yet.

NY to LA in 26 hrs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done that drive, non-stop, multiple times. Here's my issue with their claim, and the logistics. My truck has a 300 gallon capacity, which nets me 1600 miles between fill ups. It's not limited, so 70-75, and even 80-85 (in West Texas) is no problem. I have Pre-Pass, which allows me to bypass weigh stations.

With minimal piss breaks, and 10.5 hour shifts, the best I've managed from NYC to Dallas is 25 hours. That's not possible right now because I-40 from Brinkley, AR to east of Little Rock is under heavy construction. The best I've managed from Dallas to LA is 22 hours (granted, California is 55 for trucks....but I still run close to 65).

47 hours, with a maximum of 3 20 minute fuel stops and a minimum of breaks. They shaved 21 hours off of that.....in a car.

I'm more inclined to believe that they put the gps in a Cessna and flew there. If it's true, kudos to them.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      I've done that drive, non-stop, multiple times. Here's my issue with their claim, and the logistics. My truck has a 300 gallon capacity, which nets me 1600 miles between fill ups. It's not limited, so 70-75, and even 80-85 (in West Texas) is no problem. I have Pre-Pass, which allows me to bypass weigh stations.

With minimal piss breaks, and 10.5 hour shifts, the best I've managed from NYC to Dallas is 25 hours. That's not possible right now because I-40 from Brinkley, AR to east of Little Rock is under heavy construction. The best I've managed from Dallas to LA is 22 hours (granted, California is 55 for trucks....but I still run close to 65).

47 hours, with a maximum of 3 20 minute fuel stops and a minimum of breaks. They shaved 21 hours off of that.....in a car.

I'm more inclined to believe that they put the gps in a Cessna and flew there. If it's true, kudos to them.
      so youre more inclined to believe that it takes 25 hours to fly across the country than them averaging 100+ mph in a car to make it in that time, even though you cant come close to that in your box truck? lol get the fuck out of here

Comment

^ lol.
        Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

With minimal piss breaks,
          So you don't do the old trucker piss bottle?
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            so youre more inclined to believe that it takes 25 hours to fly across the country than them averaging 100+ mph in a car to make it in that time, even though you cant come close to that in your box truck? lol get the fuck out of here
            A bunch of Cessnas can do it way faster than 26 hours. Hell, 206's and 210's can probably do it in under 20, if not close to 15.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
              So you don't do the old trucker piss bottle?
              I've seen some absolutely disgusting piss bottle rigs.

Besides that, everyone knows you just wear a diaper to break a record.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I've seen some absolutely disgusting piss bottle rigs.

Besides that, everyone knows you just wear a diaper to break a record.
                Or to drive to Florida to confront someone.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Or to drive to Florida to confront someone.
                  Same difference.

Comment

I have to call bullshit on that claim, especially with no video or substantial proof of said drive. I did Allen Texas to downtown Tampa Bay and it took me 16 hrs with only stops for fuel/bathroom/food (drive thru) and one flat tire change. It was a little under 1200 miles and I had that Lightning hauling ass.

Oh and only one ticket in Natchitoches LA...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      I know a plane could do it faster. All you'd have to do is start the trip timer and wait to leave.

I'm simply saying that with 81 and 40 as fucked as they are, it's debatable. The other route would be the PA turnpike to 75....but you still have to deal with 40, and 75 through Kentucky is under massive construction.

Then, if they chased the sun and left NYC at 8pm, they would still have 14 hours where they are doing 100+ mph through major metropolitan areas in broad daylight......with rush hours. All of the night vision in the world isn't going to help you then.

Comment

I know a plane could do it faster. All you'd have to do is start the trip timer and wait to leave.

I'm simply saying that with 81 and 40 as fucked as they are, it's debatable. The other route would be the PA turnpike to 75....but you still have to deal with 40, and 75 through Kentucky is under massive construction.

Then, if they chased the sun and left NYC at 8pm, they would still have 14 hours where they are doing 100+ mph through major metropolitan areas in broad daylight......with rush hours. All of the night vision in the world isn't going to help you then.
                        Damn, you're still alive!

If anyone knows the roads around the country its going to be OTR drivers as they know construction areas better than anyone. I read that article and it reminded me of the records that have proof and 32 hrs or so was the fastest and traffic and construction is no where near what it is now. So I'm still calling bullshit until I see the evidence...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'd be more likely to believe it with pics of the car. Sounds like an April Fools stunt to me.

Comment

So everyone who thought it was legit should read this
                            If you thought yesterday’s article on Alex Roy’s latest “cross-country record” was fake, you were right on the money. As many of you suggested here and elsewhere, Alex and I came up with the idea during our cross-country drive in Matt Farah’s Million-Mile Lexus. Alex was frankly dismayed at the cottage industry of cross-country driving that had sprung up since the publication of The Driver and wanted to do something to demonstrate just how low the stand…

Comment

It was an obvious April Fool's bit from the beginning, but the follow-up was even better than the initial article.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                So everyone who thought it was legit should read this
                                http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ve-journalism/
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X