Interior leather replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior leather replacement

Anyone ever order leather covers to replace OEM seats?

Looking at the driver's seat bottom leather for my truck and just the bottom needs replaced.

I have found:
    https://www.theseatshop.com/
    Their quality appears to be good and easy install.

I am looking for people w/ first hand experience or other ideas. The driver's bottom leather would be $200 from "the seat shop".

Jared (jluv) uses leatherseats.com, and highly recommends them.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Check out that brand on ebay too

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Jared (jluv) uses leatherseats.com, and highly recommends them.
        Thanks. Their site only shows full sets of front/back.
        Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        Check out that brand on ebay too
        Tried to locate them but found some from a user name mauinc for $170

Comment

Call leatherseats.com and talk to them about what you need. The guy I dealt with (I believe his name was Phillip) was extremely helpful when I called.

Great product, perfect fit, fast shipping, and good install videos online to help you do it yourself. It's tedious and a pain in the fingers, but not too difficult. They will sell you hog rings and hog ring pliers. You'll need them.

Don't expect an exact color match with any aftermarket leather. They will send you some samples and you can get close. Some colors will be easier to match than others, obviously. Tan is tough. I wouldn't have been able to do just the seat bottom. Black would probably be easy.

If you decide to use an upholstery shop, I recommend PG Custom Upholstery in Haltom City. No matter what, avoid Herman's Upholstery in Arlington. Herman is a crook.

Comment

I've used Classic Soft Trim a few times and they did good work at a reasonable price. They recovered the cloth seats with leather in my boss' 07 Silverado crew cab. They came and picked the truck up, recovered every part of every seat with OEM leather, and delivered the truck back to us the next day for $800.
            68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
            63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
            i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
              I've used Classic Soft Trim a few times and they did good work at a reasonable price. They recovered the cloth seats with leather in my boss' 07 Silverado crew cab. They came and picked the truck up, recovered every part of every seat with OEM leather, and delivered the truck back to us the next day for $800.
              Ive used them before too, but the OP is in Kansas, so that wouldnt work so well.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Ive used them before too, but the OP is in Kansas, so that wouldnt work so well.
                Ah, I didn't catch that!
                68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  Anyone ever order leather covers to replace OEM seats?

Looking at the driver's seat bottom leather for my truck and just the bottom needs replaced.

I have found:
                  https://www.theseatshop.com/
                  Their quality appears to be good and easy install.

I am looking for people w/ first hand experience or other ideas. The driver's bottom leather would be $200 from "the seat shop".
                  I used these guys to replace the foam and leather seat bottom on the woman's 03 Tahoe. The price was right and the leather is much higher quality than factory. The color was spot on once I cleaned the rest of the leather. They have good videos for it explaining the install, I think it took me about 2-2.5 beers to do it. Would recommend.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    I used these guys to replace the foam and leather seat bottom on the woman's 03 Tahoe. The price was right and the leather is much higher quality than factory. The color was spot on once I cleaned the rest of the leather. They have good videos for it explaining the install, I think it took me about 2-2.5 beers to do it. Would recommend.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Nope, most of the work requires both hands and some contortionist acts, so it took a while to drink the beers.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        Call leatherseats.com and talk to them about what you need. The guy I dealt with (I believe his name was Phillip) was extremely helpful when I called.

Great product, perfect fit, fast shipping, and good install videos online to help you do it yourself. It's tedious and a pain in the fingers, but not too difficult. They will sell you hog rings and hog ring pliers. You'll need them.

Don't expect an exact color match with any aftermarket leather. They will send you some samples and you can get close. Some colors will be easier to match than others, obviously. Tan is tough. I wouldn't have been able to do just the seat bottom. Black would probably be easy.
                        Thanks I will call them sometime. The 04 silverado does not require hog rings or pliers. I don't expect perfect match but expect VERY close. The seat shop reviews put their color match almost identical. With 93k miles I don't expect exact but close.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        Awesome. Thanks for the review!

Comment

Leather seats.com will only sell complete rows... front or back.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            Leather seats.com will only sell complete rows... front or back.
                            Bummer. How's the rest of your front row look? Might be worth it do the whole row. You won't have to worry about the color match at that point. Their stuff is top notch, too.

Comment

It's buckets so it doesn't work for my situation. Thanks for the suggestion... if the rest was questionable I would do it because of how cost effective it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X