2004 Silverado crew cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Silverado crew cab

Could you get the crew cab w/ a 4.8 in 2004?

My armada guy canceled our deal and refunded me my deposit. I found an 04 crew 4x4 w/ 93k for $12.7... it's a nice truck but he said it has the "small" v8. He is at work and doesn't have the truck w/ him. He doesn't know if it's the 5.3 or 4.8. I don't want to drive an hour to find out it's not a 5.3.
    Last edited by akfodysvn; 03-31-2015, 11:24 AM.

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
    Could you get the crew cab w/ a 4.8 in 2004?

My armada guy canceled our deal and refunded me my deposit. I found an 04 crew 4x4 w/ 93k for $12.7... it's a nice truck but he said it has the "small" v8. He is at work and doesn't have the truck w/ him. He doesn't know if it's the 5.3 or 4.8. I don't want to drive an hour to find out it's a 5.3.
    Get a VIN. Rental places usually bought the 4.8.

Comment

That's what I was hoping to get but he didn't have it on hand. I will run the carfax when I get it

Comment

why would you want the 4.8 in a crew cab 4x4?

Comment

If it's a clean 5.3 that's not a bad price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
            why would you want the 4.8 in a crew cab 4x4?
            I absolutely don't but had a mistake in first post. I don't want to waste my time if it is.

2gcek13t141364868

Comment

i had a 2000 reg cab 4.8 2wd it was great, i imagine it would suck pushing another 1000 or so lbs.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I don't think so, I think just the 5.3 and the 6.0.

Comment

I think the 4.8 came in 2wd regular cabs and extended cabs, and RCSB 4wd's.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I had a rental around 2004-2005 that was a 2wd crewcab in the 4.8. It was a dog as far as I can remember.

*edit, I think it was around that time frame. I know it was definitely pre-2007 bodystyle.

Comment

It's a 5.3.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks, I ended up getting to a computer and running the vin. It's the lowest price by a long shot for a crew 4x4 with those miles in my area

Comment

I had a crew cab 4x4 4.8 with 3.42 gears... It was a pig. And plenty of them exist.

Comment

Check it real close for any leaks or noises from the transfer case. Those NP8s are notorious for the pump wearing a hole through the case. Otherwise they are one of the most reliable vehicles on the road.

Comment

yes you can. i have actually seen crew 4.3s.

Comment

Working...
                              X