Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here owns beach condo as an investment property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
    my family had one in sea spray on the beach in perdido. Since then my uncle has taken over and sold that one and now has one in Eden. My family bought it in the early 80s so its definitely in the clear now and they've gotten to where they don't even rent anymore. They usually rent for 1k + a week and are booked all of the summer and even a lot of off times. I don't know the exact numbers but he said it all worked out to make it worthwhile. I guess my biggest thing is you would need to make sure you could pay the note and payments on it for 6+ months in case it wasn't rented for a period of time for whatever reason...
    I've stayed at Eden twice the last two summers in a row with my wife and kids, we love that place. It's worth the $1000 per week IMO. Nice relaxing atmosphere right on the beach, you can't beat it. Went shark fishing too and caught a 6 foot hammerhead not far off the shore.
    Last edited by ftp; 03-30-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
        I've stayed at Eden twice the last two summers in a row with my wife and kids, we love that place. It's worth the $1000 per week IMO. Nice relaxing atmosphere right on the beach, you can't beat it. Went shark fishing too and caught a 6 foot hammerhead not far off the shore.
        We love it too. Perdido used to be a hidden spot but now its booming...well booming for older folks, still not a spring break place. We started going every year since 1979. I got married on the penthouse balcony at Eden. Cant go wrong with any of them, especially since you will be out at the pool or on the beach most of the time. those new blue ones are pretty nice too I've heard.

Comment

Phase 1: Buy house on beach

Phase 2: ????

Phase 3: Profit

Comment

my old man builds condos and townhomes in south texas, North Padre/Port A area. I can tell you that about 90% of what he's built cash flows as a vacation rental and most have doubled in value over the last few years. I wish I would have bought one when they were selling for 99k, one just sold for 170k a few months ago.

Comment

I own one in Perdido Key...but not as investment property. Just for personal use.

Comment

The renting market is insane in DFW right now, it you're just looking for an investment I'd look more local.

Outside of that AirBnB really bangs property owners with the competition it places in the market.
                An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                  The renting market is insane in DFW right now, it you're just looking for an investment I'd look more local.

Outside of that AirBnB really bangs property owners with the competition it places in the market.
                  My thoughts also. Less headaches same return if not more.

Comment

Working...
                  X