No announcement yet.

Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vieja has a 05 navigator (high priced expedition) really likes it, only regular mantaince has been needed.

Comment

Acura MDX
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I like it how suddenly you need a 200ft barge to carry 2 foot tall kids around, when in the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s you made do just fine with a 4 door sedan or standard wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          I like it how suddenly you need a 200ft barge to carry 2 foot tall kids around, when in the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s you made do just fine with a 4 door sedan or standard wagon.
          You didn't need 3 car seats back then. And huge fucking strollers

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            well arent you just becoming quite the hipster!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Sounds like your kids are spoiled and do what they want. No eating or drinking had always been the rule, not the norm.

Our Navigator was always roomy enough for 7 or 8 easy. I'm sure the Expy should be just as roomy. The Navi had the 5.4 4v and it had plenty of power for towing my Cobra to the track on my 16ft. trailor...
              How can it be the rule but not the norm? I mean, there are always exceptions, but those are rare.

Comment

Tahoe gets my vote...

Wife wants a new one when her commute gets cut in half next year. I'm okay with it to have another v-8 4x4 to drag the boat around with: the Kid, Dogs, and all of our crap. I'd drive one myself if I didn't use my truck bed 3-4 days a week.

Edit: My Kid doesn't mess my truck up and I clean it when we get out... My wife's current ride is always a mess, I clean it once a week on the interior for her just so I can stand to get in it. We were def raised differently... haha

Comment

5.3 tahoe drive the wheels off of it

Comment

I shouldn't have sold my Tahoe. That thing was great.

Stay the fuck away from Durangos.

Comment

I've been very happy with my Suburban, except for the MPGs, of course. Lea pushed for me to get a Tahoe but for the same money, I wanted the extra room. It's an 05 Z71 4x4 with just about 160k now.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        The woman has a 03 Tahoe Z71 with over 180k on it... It's been great, I've had to do very little to it in the 140k miles she's put on it. It does need some stuff, the transfer case solenoid needs to be replaced which is normal on these trucks but oddly it still works most of the time, just gives a message after using 4wd that it needs service. It does burn a little oil, to the point where it's usually around 1qt low at oil change time. I had to replace the driver's leather seat bottom on it. The seat heaters have stopped working due to a short/burn in the element. I replaced the alternator/belt a month or so ago, they were original. Brakes got replaced last year... It's been a great SUV, I'm gonna miss it, but maybe I'll just buy myself one.
                        I was getting the "Service 4x4" message for a while, and ignored it. Then went on our big CO trip last year and 4 Low would not engage (4 Hi still worked). A couple months later the transfer case started randomly dropping in to neutral while driving (3 times in 2 days). I replaced the transfer case motor encoder ring and it was / is back to perfect.

This is the part I replaced: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GBAPC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

And you need this seal as well: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049OI3DE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I was pretty happy that it was only a $57 fix..

I did go ahead and replace my selector switch as well, since those tend to go out too, and mine had a couple of lights burned out.

Comment

I have a 10 year old and a 7 month old.... drive a ridgeline and I love it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I can honestly say I don't get to ride or driver with them much in that vehicle. It drives me nuts every time I get in and see shoes, clothes, and toys all over the floor.

That drives me CRAZY!!! My brand new car starting getting a nasty smell cause my oldest would take his shoes off in the car. I put a stop to that real quick!
                            sigpic

Comment

We have a 4Runner with 3rd row seating and it fits our needs.

Comment

F250 crewcab platinum
                                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X