No announcement yet.

Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While its not that big...I'll second the new explorer. I've towed boats, trailers and all around beat mine up for 3 years and its still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      And just from experience, DO NOT buy a really nice kid hauler. Kids are messy and destroy shit.
      You're 100% correct on that. Added suck, apparently school teachers and the general public cant park for shit, her car has been bumped and scraped in parking lots for years.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I think Leslie is wanting an Explorer. Smaller than the Tahoe, yet still 3 rows.

Why the hell does she want 3 freakin rows?!?! We've only got 2 kids at home. She better not go getting any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          I think Leslie is wanting an Explorer. Smaller than the Tahoe, yet still 3 rows.

Why the hell does she want 3 freakin rows?!?! We've only got 2 kids at home. She better not go getting any ideas.
          she has to haul around all their friends too.

Our expy has electric 3rd row seat. That pushed her over the edge for it.

Comment

Expedition EL

The extra space in the ass end is really worth having.
            she has to haul around all their friends too.

Our expy has electric 3rd row seat. That pushed her over the edge for it.
            This!! If you plan on taking trips, the 3rd row laying flat is a huge plus. Also, depending if you need that third row when traveling, the standard Expy will leave just enough room for a stroller or a carry-on sized bag. The EL is nice and roomy...put the kids back there and you almost can't hear them talking.

We had an 07 EL and loved it. Only major issue was a loose pin in a connector located behind a rear interior panel. I forgot what it was causing but it ate their techs lunch trying to trace it down.

Comment

The new Explorer was my second choice, first in that price point. Poor man's Range Rover. heh

Comment

I bought my wife a 2015 Expedition in December. It's the EL (extended length) 2WD Limited. We got the 2nd row captain's chairs so it would be easy for the kiddos to get in the 3rd row seats (folding up or down the 2nd row seats is a 3 step process and each step requires pulling a latch, every single time).

The 2015's all have the 3.5L Ecoboost V6. This engine is very well suited to the SUV. I'm very impressed with the power, though the fuel mileage goes down when you impress yourself. At slower speeds on the highway, it'll get 18-20 mpg. If you run 75+ and never lose speed, you're looking at 16-17. Around town, we're averaging 16-16.5 but we don't baby it like old fogies.

I looked at the competition for about 3 seconds. There just aren't many full-size SUV's on the market, especially that are as capable as the Expy. I need the ability to hook up to a 26' Crownline and drive across several states with 4 kids and my Golden Retriever and the Expy fits that bill superbly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Wife just got a '15 navigator. Love the ecoboost. Love the room. That platform has been around long enough on the expedition/navigator they better have it right by now huh. I told her to get an expedition...same truck. Much better price.

See how much pull I have? Lol
                  1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
                  1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
                  2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
                  2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
                  1991 Syclone - 25K miles
                  1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
                  2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
                  1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

My has an 08 Yukon they bought new that has about 110k on it now with virtually no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      I need the ability to hook up to a 26' Crownline and drive across several states with 4 kids and my Golden Retriever and the Expy fits that bill superbly.

Hope this helps.
                      I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Comment

And just from experience, DO NOT buy a really nice kid hauler. Kids are messy and destroy shit.
                        Sounds like your kids are spoiled and do what they want. No eating or drinking had always been the rule, not the norm.

Our Navigator was always roomy enough for 7 or 8 easy. I'm sure the Expy should be just as roomy. The Navi had the 5.4 4v and it had plenty of power for towing my Cobra to the track on my 16ft. trailor...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

What's it with fat chicks with rhinestone cross jeans driving tahoe's and yukon's ?
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

My old lady wanted a suburban so that is what she got. Hard to go wrong with a Chevy truck platform.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Sounds like your kids are spoiled and do what they want. No eating or drinking had always been the rule, not the norm.
                              I can honestly say I don't get to ride or driver with them much in that vehicle. It drives me nuts every time I get in and see shoes, clothes, and toys all over the floor.

Comment

I will tell you how the armada goes. Worked out a deal on it and picking up next week. 06 with 83k one owner.

Had my dealer friend do some background and he looked all over the country. #2 in price in U.S. based on miles/yr/price. Basically told me if i am not happy to sell it to him and they will give me what i paid. I wanted that Damn software he was using... said it's over $1200/month

Comment

Working...
                                X