Anyone had colon surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had colon surgery.

I have had ulcerative colitis for 23 years and just found out I have a tumor in my large intestine. Waiting to see the surgeon, likely will have colectomy tomorrow. Anyone gone thru this? I know several board menbers have uc or crohns.

No I haven't. But I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Are they doing a biopsy on that tumor as well?
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I have performed anal surgery on my wife. No complication afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        No I haven't. But I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Are they doing a biopsy on that tumor as well?
        They are doing a biopsy, my colon is in bad shape. 13 polyps.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          Hahaha, helps relieve some of the stress. This place is great.😄

Comment

Comment

Crohn's here. 12 inches of small and 2 inches of large removed. What do you want to know?

Comment

I had a cancerous tumor in 13. Had a Whipple done with major complications. I then had another rumor come up in 14. Had a colon resection on that one. Today I'm doing well. Takes a little recovery time but it will turn out ok in the long run. I found that you just have to stay positive. If you need to talk feel free to pm me and I'll give you my number. I'm sure I can answer questions you may have lol

Comment

Looks like my whole colon will be removed, surgeon was supposed to see me yesterday after the colonoscopy. Now, he's supposed to see me today. Imagine it can't be worse than the liver transplant.

Comment

best of luck dude.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Had a colon resection in 2002, back before they did them laproscopically (sp?). I've got a big 'ol scar that looks like I got gutted by a fish and it hurt like a mofo for a long time healing. A friend had it done a few years ago laproscopically (sp?) and it wasn't bad at all, comparatively speaking of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rob View Post
                        Looks like my whole colon will be removed, surgeon was supposed to see me yesterday after the colonoscopy. Now, he's supposed to see me today. Imagine it can't be worse than the liver transplant.
                        It may not seem like it, but it's probably for the best. They remove your colon and the UC is cured. I once talked with a guy that had UC and his colon removed, he couldn't have been happier.

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                        Had a colon resection in 2002, back before they did them laproscopically (sp?). I've got a big 'ol scar that looks like I got gutted by a fish and it hurt like a mofo for a long time healing. A friend had it done a few years ago laproscopically (sp?) and it wasn't bad at all, comparatively speaking of course.
                        I had exploratory surgery and also got gutted. Went clean through my bellybutton. Took me roughly three months to get back to normal life, but nearly two years to not have pain while sneezing.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          Considering the small instrument being used, she probably woke up like nothing ever happened.

Comment

I have UC (mild case) for the last 10 years but go in every 2 years to get scooped. Just curious where you not doing the scopes every two years?

Comment

i'm only asking because im curious, but if they take your whole colon do you have to use a colostomy bag? i dont know how that all works.

Comment

Working...
                              X