No announcement yet.

Opinions on buying a used car from Carmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're a little on the high side, but relatively low pressure and good for test drives. I'd consider buying a car from there for the warranty if I was looking at getting a european luxury car or anything British. The warranty will more than pay for itself.

Next week marks a huge milestone in the life of my used Range Rover: 90 days without any major problems. Oh, sure, there have been minor problems, like the battery was dying, and the rear brake pads were worn, and a few exterior lights had gone out. But nothing that required the use of my CarMax warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      If that price is truly "no haggle" then they're overpriced as fuck from what I've seen.
      This is my only problem with them. Why would I consider not being able to negotiate a plus? If you don't like their way too high price, they don't care. On the other hand you have other places, that will negotiate with you to some degree. Yeah I don't think I'll ever need carmax for anything.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        They're a little on the high side, but relatively low pressure and good for test drives. I'd consider buying a car from there for the warranty if I was looking at getting a european luxury car or anything British. The warranty will more than pay for itself.

http://jalopnik.com/the-6-coolest-un...max-1650270557
        I was going to say... Jalopnik always has articles on high end luxury and sports car deals that are cheaper to get there than new mediocre cars, and come with good warranties.

Comment

They offered 27 for my trade and I wound up getting 33k - I won't shop there

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            This is my only problem with them. Why would I consider not being able to negotiate a plus? If you don't like their way too high price, they don't care. On the other hand you have other places, that will negotiate with you to some degree. Yeah I don't think I'll ever need carmax for anything.
            I'm sure people with social disorders appreciate the no haggle price.

Comment

Certain vehicles are in a good range up there, most are high.

Comment

I've sold several cars to them...sometimes they offer strong and sometimes not so much. It depends on the demand and what they have in-stock. I've only bought one car from them, it was an average price, but they were also offering a little over $3K more on the trade compared to the best offer we'd gotten elsewhere. The buying process was totally painless as I recall...no haggling, and no wearing me down to buy extra shit either. We were pretty much in & out in a couple hours and it turned out to be a really good vehicle too.

Edit - I almost forgot....we also paid to have a car transferred once, and when it arrived it was nothing like it had been described by the location it came from. They refunded the "non-refundable" deposit without even being asked.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Prices at carmax may not be negotiable, but everything else is. I bought my truck from them and the initial price was high, but after some back and forth they got the value on my trade way higher then the first number they gave me. Also added a spray in bedliner And tinted winows.

Price did not change on the truck, but the negotiated deal was pretty good.

I'd shop there again.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
                  I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Working...
                  X