Divorce is final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    Sorry to hear man, but kudos on making what is an apparent [right] move.

David
    Thanks, it was the right move.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Hide yo wives, hide yo daughters.. Nassty Nate is on the prowl!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
      no but there was a candle thrown at my head.
      So you say nothing wrong with her huh

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        So you say nothing wrong with her huh
        Haha...she has some issues (every woman does) but that was the big end of the relationship epic fight where all the resentment came out. I honestly don't have much bad to say about her. She was incredibly sweet, loyal, and caring. We just stopped communicating and the void was too big to close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Hide yo wives, hide yo daughters.. Nassty Nate is on the prowl!
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
            Haha...she has some issues (every woman does) but that was the big end of the relationship epic fight where all the resentment came out. I honestly don't have much bad to say about her. She was incredibly sweet, loyal, and caring. We just stopped communicating and the void was too big to close.
            Sorry about that

Comment

Sucks, but at least it's been a mutual effort since...

Buddy of mine is on the cusp of a divorce, and knowing her, it's going to get nasty.

He's about at the "just give it away" point vs trying to fight for his half of whatever equity is left before she burns through it.

So to hear your story is refreshing. Often one side is scared of change and they express that fear as bitterness, resentment, vindictive actions
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                Sucks, but at least it's been a mutual effort since...

Buddy of mine is on the cusp of a divorce, and knowing her, it's going to get nasty.

He's about at the "just give it away" point vs trying to fight for his half of whatever equity is left before she burns through it.

So to hear your story is refreshing. Often one side is scared of change and they express that fear as bitterness, resentment, vindictive actions
                It certainly isnt the norm. I had some friends a few years back that just decided they didnt want to be married to each other any longer. Got married right out of high school, had a couple of kids, and one day they both talked to each other about the spark being gone and decided to part ways. It was the most amicable and friendly split Ive ever seen. They stayed friendly, both had remarried, lived in the same neighborhood, went on family vacations together (both couples and the kids) and seemed to honestly be happy about it all.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  It certainly isnt the norm. I had some friends a few years back that just decided they didnt want to be married to each other any longer. Got married right out of high school, had a couple of kids, and one day they both talked to each other about the spark being gone and decided to part ways. It was the most amicable and friendly split Ive ever seen. They stayed friendly, both had remarried, lived in the same neighborhood, went on family vacations together (both couples and the kids) and seemed to honestly be happy about it all.
                  My divorce was ugly as shit. It was angry, hateful, and venomous. A lot of lies came out too. I guess that's to be expected when going through such things, and fighting over possessions and kids.

Now is a completely different story. She's a good friend, we talk almost every day, and we share quite a bit with each other. I don't think her new husband is all that comfortable with it, but it works better for the kids this way. I think it is just taking him time to adjust, as the situation itself can be awkward from the outside looking in. He's a nice guy though, I like him.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Sorry about the divorce, but at least it went well.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      My divorce was ugly as shit. It was angry, hateful, and venomous. A lot of lies came out too. I guess that's to be expected when going through such things, and fighting over possessions and kids.

Now is a completely different story. She's a good friend, we talk almost every day, and we share quite a bit with each other. I don't think her new husband is all that comfortable with it, but it works better for the kids this way. I think it is just taking him time to adjust, as the situation itself can be awkward from the outside looking in. He's a nice guy though, I like him.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

hahaha, that movie was great.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Any kids in the mix?

Comment

No kids.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                              Any kids in the mix?
                              None that he knows of.

Comment

I don't know if this means anything, as i didnt know your ex, but i was fearful she wasnt a good fit when i met her, several years back.

Without knowing anything else, i think you made the right move. Good to see you coming out of it with a positive attitude, Nate.

Comment

Working...
                                X