Grandpa's Grocery Getter: my new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa's Grocery Getter: my new car

My grandfather passed away recently and its been tough on my family especially my mother who was close with him. He was a little bit of a mans man, and had some cool hobbies. He owned a 65 mustang (still in the family as original owner) and had a few sports cars. He also was a world famous model airplane flyer. And when I mean world famous he was a 5 time national champion and 1974 world champion.

So when he passed away we got over whelmed with how big of a deal he really was, but it was amazing. Anyways now that the personal effects are being passed out, I bought his daily driver from the estate and drove it 700 miles home today. I have some plans for the car, but welcome Grandpa's Grocery Getter to the board. Not bad for an 84 year old guy.

That's awesome man. I would never get rid of it.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

V8?

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

sorry for your loss, but congratulations on the car. I love those

Comment

here is one of my Grandpa in the back ground flying his plane designed named after him.

Comment

Comment

Sorry for your loss, sounds like an awesome grandpa to have had!

Comment

Sorry about your loss Nate...Nice G8
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your Grandpa, sounds like he was a great man.

Comment

Old man sounds like he lived up to the "greatest generation".

On the car, do your research about the variable cam timing issues. Many had problems before 50k miles which nearly wipes out the motor. cool car though!

Comment

I haven't yet...I'll take a look on the forums about the issues to look at. I know it was supposedly up to date on any recalls, but i'm assuming it wasn't a recall issue?

Comment

Nice ride. Sorry about the loss of your grandfather. Those airplanes are awesome. What kind of sports cars did he have?
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Sounds like he had a hell of a run. Good on you for keeping his legacy alive.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              Nice ride. Sorry about the loss of your grandfather. Those airplanes are awesome. What kind of sports cars did he have?
                              Him and his sons all owed mustangs. I was the first "bastard child" to own a GM product with a v8.

Comment

Working...
                              X