Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I buy a car without signing a contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy a car without signing a contract?

Went to a dealership a few months back to look at a 2012 Mustang GT, and ended up blowing out of the box. Numbers weren't what I wanted so I did not sign a contract, and did not drive away in the car. Since that visit I was sent extended warranty info, and now I just got a NTTA invoice for tolls. Nothing is showing up on my credit, but it looks like they did something.

Could someone run a license plate check, and see if the plates are registered to me? 19K1967 TX First name is Alex

Also call the NTTA contact number and take that to a DMV office no matter what the plate comes back to. Your insurance agent can check too.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      Went to a dealership a few months back to look at a 2012 Mustang GT, and ended up blowing out of the box. Numbers weren't what I wanted so I did not sign a contract, and did not drive away in the car. Since that visit I was sent extended warranty info, and now I just got a NTTA invoice for tolls. Nothing is showing up on my credit, but it looks like they did something.

Could someone run a license plate check, and see if the plates are registered to me? 19K1967 TX First name is Alex
      "and ended up blowing out of the box." What does that even mean? Did you drive away with it or not?

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        "and ended up blowing out of the box." What does that even mean? Did you drive away with it or not?
        It means I went to the finance manager's office, and didn't buy the car. It is car sales jargon.

Comment

blowing out of the box? Never heard that one before

Comment

That's not a good plate number double check it

Comment

"and ended up blowing out of the box."

Dumbest thing I've heard today

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Its means he bought a 2012 mustang and a bunch of toll bills...
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Mr. Humphrey, that '12 Ford has temp tags in your name. lulz.

Comment

I would be effin furious
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Sounds like they are trying to blow out your box.

Comment

The extended warranty just comes when you go look at a car and they do a workup on it. I get a few once a year for cars i've test drove and never bought.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                          "and ended up blowing out of the box."

Dumbest thing I've heard today
                          Maybe he means he gave a guy a blowjob, while he himself was inside a large cardboard box. They just poked a hole in it or something
                          WH

Comment

It seems like I remember someone else getting a toll bill after they test drove a car. Something about them temporarily tying your name to it for the test drive and then forgetting to remove it while others test drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Maybe he means he gave a guy a blowjob, while he himself was inside a large cardboard box. They just poked a hole in it or something
                              Gloryhole?

Comment

Working...
                              X