dentist bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dentist bs

So we make an appointment to see the dentist and take out 3 year old in for the first time to get his teeth checked out, we show up and it's nice they have games and movies for the kids and stuff to keep them entertained. As soon as we sit down they call us back to give us a tour of the place (this is our first time there because my wife and I hate going to the dentist so we don't have a set dentist)...then she tells us that when they call us back (individually)...yes I said individually, we would not be able to be with our son while they take his X rays or take him to the back and work on his teeth, she had the nerve to say we can just give him some happy gas if he gets scared.....WTF!!!! She said we were not allowed to be with our kid at any point in the dentist visit so that he could be comfortable with the dentist.....ain't that some sketchy ass shit

....sorry just felt like ranting on this dentist bs

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I think that's normal. Our kids dentist is the same way. You can walk in and watch from behind some glass.

Comment

Well they didn't even have a glass door, everything was behind walls and crap, actual rooms, maybe we are just being over protective but we were no way in he'll gonna let him go back there solo, we went to mint dentistry and they encouraged the parents to go back with the kids

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Find a new dentist. We have always been able to go in with him, except for the xrays for exposure purposes.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          Find a new dentist. We have always been able to go in with him, except for the xrays for exposure purposes.
          x2

My 9 year old just had oral surgery and they let me hold her hand as she fell asleep

Comment

My wife is a dentist... they will let parents come back with the child, but most times, the parents are more of a hinderance than a benefit during the procedure.

Kids whine & cry and are generally a big PITA when the parents are in the operatory, not so much so when they are not.

It's not only kids too, many times anyone else (brothers/sisters/caretakers/friends) in the room other than the Doctor, patient, and assistant are a HUGE distraction to the process....not to mention the idiots who come in there and can't turn of their cell phone while in the chair.

mardyn

Comment

Everything runs a little better with nitrous, give him a 150 shot and call it good!

Comment

For an older kid I can see that. But for a three year old, I would tell those people to fuck off. I have a great dentist in Plano if you need one.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Very normal. They say kids tend to do better without parent there as a crutch. Do you think something would happen to your kid back there?

Comment

Find a new dentist. I can see not allowing both parents back, but one is fine and should be allowed.

Comment

My daughter is 8 and I still go everywhere with her at the dentist. They even have a layout for parents to attend exam, procedures, etc.

I'd tell that dentist to eat a dick.

Comment

Working...
                      X