Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WV lawmakers OK bill to not require concealed carry permit

This needs to happen in more states.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Lawmakers have approved a push to make West Virginia the sixth state not to require concealed handgun permits.

The House of Delegates voted 71-29 Thursday to drop concealed carry permit requirements. Arkansas, Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming have passed similar laws.

Senators passed their version late last month.

Open carry, like a holster on a hip, is legal without permitting in West Virginia. Thirty-one states have similar open-carry rules.

Covering handguns up with a coat, for instance, requires a permit.

The House version requires people who carry concealed handguns to be 21 years old, with military exceptions.

The state Sheriffs Association opposes the bill, saying it could let more dangerous people carry concealed weapons and take away permit money that helps local law enforcement.

Proponents cited 2nd Amendment arguments

Sorry to break it you sheriff, but the more dangerous people are already carrying without a permit.

Comment

Gassbag32 approves this message
      WH

Comment

Kansas is in the process of doing the same. SB45 and its halfway there. Its sitting in a comittee right now and will have a final say the 16th.

Ive lived here since 2011 and never got a ccw permit here. Im taking it this month even if the law passes or not for the reprosity aspect.

Comment

So did I understand correctly? You could open carry in WV, just like a cop, without a permit. But if you want to conceal you must obtain a permit? That seems ass backwards.
          sigpic

Comment

Same here in VA, open carry is aok but I had to get a concealed permit.

I'm sure its been addressed, but with open carry of a pistol being legal, could a concealed permit holder still get harassed for printing or inadvertantly sweeping your shirt up and exposing it?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              Same here in VA, open carry is aok but I had to get a concealed permit.

I'm sure its been addressed, but with open carry of a pistol being legal, could a concealed permit holder still get harassed for printing or inadvertantly sweeping your shirt up and exposing it?
              Even without open carry in Texas, there's a lot of leniency.

Comment

Jef, open carry is already legal, they are also making conceal carry legal with no fees, nothing. Just slap your shit on and not worry.

They will still have classes just so you can carry in other states.

Comment

My question is, when are places like NYC going to have to face the music, and allow them back in? Their current system is illegal.
                  WH

Comment

Been waiting for Texas tonget its shit together an pass open carry here as well

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      Been waiting for Texas tonget its shit together an pass open carry here as well
                      The bills are going to be heard on the floor this week.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        The bills are going to be heard on the floor this week.
                        As long as those damn douchebag morons in Arlington keep their traps shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          As long as those damn douchebag morons in Arlington keep their traps shut.
                          I doubt it passes. As stated in the gun forum- I'm not in favor of oc
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Open carry should pass for texas imho.

I cant wait for monday to see how the house votes here in kansas.

Comment

If we get open carry, I'll have to spring for either a 454 Casual or Desert Eagle.

People betta recognize!

Comment

Working...
                              X