Top Gear presenter Clarkson suspended over 'fracas'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They fucked up and they know it.

Clarkson has a massive following. Douche or not, he's in control.

Comment

BBC exces are going to be begging him to come back soon enough. Unless May and Hammond go on with there own deal.
      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I don't think May and Hammond would be near as popular as the 3 of them, even with the special guest hosts. Fans want the trio or it's not the same show.

I agree, once the dust settles a little more, and BBC has "proven thier point," Clarkson will be back in the driver's seat so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I don't think May and Hammond would be near as popular as the 3 of them, even with the special guest hosts. Fans want the trio or it's not the same show.

I agree, once the dust settles a little more, and BBC has "proven thier point," Clarkson will be back in the driver's seat so to speak.
          Doubt it. Why would go back to the BBC after all of this not to mention he could land a gig with hulu or netflix and do what he wants unedited for the most part? Guarantee you he won't be back, rather with a paid streaming network.

Comment

If the BBC starts throwing money at them, they'll be able to get a good deal from somewhere else. It'll start a bidding war and they won't have to lift a finger.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Is it just me or does 1.2-1.8 million a year seem like rather low pay for such a popular show.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Is it just me or does 1.2-1.8 million a year seem like rather low pay for such a popular show.
                The BBC is a public-private partnership. They're all state employees.

Comment

And I think that is in british pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    And I think that is in british pounds.
                    $, not £
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Doubt it. Why would go back to the BBC after all of this not to mention he could land a gig with hulu or netflix and do what he wants unedited for the most part? Guarantee you he won't be back, rather with a paid streaming network.
                      Agreed. I'd love to see a version of top gear with the shackles off. Clarkson is funny flirting with "the line". It would be nice to see what he comes up with when there is no line.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        The BBC is a public-private partnership. They're all state employees.
                        Yay for propaganda
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          I'd do it for 1/4 the amount. Fun and adventure all the time, and you never have to buy a drink or a meal! For the rest of your life!
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Yay for propaganda
                            They make really high quality propoganda.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              They make really high quality propoganda.
                              So its really good at convincing people that all is well, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                So its really good at convincing people that all is well, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                                uhh, every single television program and hollywood movie you watch does the same thing
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X