No announcement yet.

Way to get a credit check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit karma will get you a ball park on Transunion and Equifax, Credit Sesame will get Experian. They are ball park, and I have seen some instances where they are 100 pts off or more. They use a scoring model that isn't as commonly used.

Myfico.com will get you a much more accurate picture. However, it is a pay by the month service, where as the other two mentioned are free.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Credit karma will get you a ball park on Transunion and Equifax, Credit Sesame will get Experian. They are ball park, and I have seen some instances where they are 100 pts off or more. They use a scoring model that isn't as commonly used.

Myfico.com will get you a much more accurate picture. However, it is a pay by the month service, where as the other two mentioned are free.
      Since the picture is more accurate, is it safe to assume that creditors would use something similar? I'd think they'd want all the info they could get.
      WH

Comment

Please direct questions to me. Pm if you want. Do you want a credit report or a credit score?
        Here is the only place you should go if you want your real reports for free.

If you want your score, the only scores that matter are Fico scores. They can be purchased at Myfico.com and are approximately $20 a piece but can be had cheaper with promo codes or temporarily signing up with Myfico.com's various services and canceling. I recommend just paying for them if you need a one off

Comment

Credit karma's scores mean absolutely nothing. Their scores may be spot on to your real score, 100 points higher, or a 100 points lower. It's is purely coincidence if your credit karma score is close to your FICO score and just because it is today doesn't mean it will be the next time your credit profile changes

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Billy (buzzo) used to own one. I think...

Anyway that's something else I was curious about. Places like that seem to be able to check it really quick with no gimmicks. Perhaps that service could be used.

I went to my bank branch a few years ago, and unbeknownst to me, they signed me up for a recurring $12 per month. They said it was just going to be a one time deal, and I had hell cancelling it. This was Bank of America, if that tells you anything.

I'll give the one suggested in this thread a try.

When it comes to being up to date, IIRC they all run 3 months behind. The credit Bureaus. Can't remember the reason.
            no they dont

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              And do they scan the other ones as well? Can't remember if they're the one that's always showing the highest score. Every time I apply for anything they always tell me that they go off of the lowest. At the risk of sounding like I'm bitching, I really hate credit and credit companies. Once the dickbags actually lowered my credit line without even telling me, and this hurt my credit and almost prevented me from buying a house. When I asked they said the only reason they did it was because I hadn't used the credit line in 5 months, and that the balance was sitting at zero. So they didn't think I needed that much credit. This hurt my credit score.

Sorry. Rant over

With equifax you can pull all three the first time, then if you do the monthly service it will alert you of any changes. And , you can pull your score anytime.

Free sites, like Credit Karma, enroll you in all types of sh*T...... i did that too, i was bombarded.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                Please direct questions to me. Pm if you want. Do you want a credit report or a credit score?
                Here is the only place you should go if you want your real reports for free.

If you want your score, the only scores that matter are Fico scores. They can be purchased at Myfico.com and are approximately $20 a piece but can be had cheaper with promo codes or temporarily signing up with Myfico.com's various services and canceling. I recommend just paying for them if you need a one off
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                  This.
                  Yup /\/\/\

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                    Yup /\/\/\
                    One more vote for this. The only downside, is that while you get your report, you don't get the scores, so you still have to pay for that part.

I only use CreditKarma to keep an eye out on accounts as I pay them off. It updates weekly, and balances do reflect properly, however the scores do not, as mentioned. Sometimes if a big chunk gets paid, the score goes up, other times it takes a few cycles to catch up. Again, for a free site, nothing to lose.

As far as being bombarded by stuff, I don't get any more spam/junk than I did before, and they have the mobile app that's kinda nice to check in on periodically.
                    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                      no they dont
                      Wells Fargo told me that. Just going off what they said. I said that I had some good things that might be showing up on my credit soon, and they said it could take up to 3 months for them to see it.
                      WH

Comment

No, it should never take that long. Usually new credit or balance increases/decreases are reported monthly. The score on the other hand, may take 60-90 days to update.
                        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Working...
                        X