Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Get an accord
    Don't listen to him. Buy a CTS-V Wagon so I can live vicariously through you.

Comment

i like the cts vsport. was very impressed. would make a great daily. a lot more comfort than some of the others. probably should have gone that way vs the srt challenger considering i will have a rear facing car seat in soon.

Comment

^^thats how it always happens.. buy you a $2000 blazer or explorer and keep on keepin on

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          ^^thats how it always happens.. buy you a $2000 blazer or explorer and keep on keepin on
          oh i trade a lot more often than i should so we will see what comes in a year............or less

30 vehicles in 17 years

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
            oh i trade a lot more often than i should so we will see what comes in a year............or less

30 vehicles in 17 years
            Do y'all have a family car? A reverse car seat will fit in the back of a Challenger for occasional driving.

Carpenter can climb in and out of his car seat now. So getting a Challenger is very doable for me now..

Comment

carpenter is a cool name.

Comment

damn i dont think i've ever heard that

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  Do y'all have a family car? A reverse car seat will fit in the back of a Challenger for occasional driving.

Carpenter can climb in and out of his car seat now. So getting a Challenger is very doable for me now..
                  Yes. My wife has a VW GLI. We took the car seat with and test fit it before buying. Fits great. I will only have the kid in my car for about 1 mile every afternoon. Actually fits much better than it did in my 2014 ext cab silverado. Looking to upgrade her to a small to midsize suv around the first of the year and keep her GLI. We purchased it new, it's paid for, and only has 50k on it. Trying to pay cash, 25-30, for something barely used for her on the next one so we can just keep one car payment.

A jeep gc is on her list. You'll have to let me know how that one is doing in 9-10 months!!
                  Last edited by smrr1; 03-06-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

carpenter is a cool name.
                    damn i dont think i've ever heard that
                    Thanks... I actually sold my old 06 Mustang so we could get a loan to pay for his adoption. Now that is all settled, which is why I'm looking at a more sporty vehicle.

Carpenter is my Grandpa's middle name. Miyako wouldn't let me go with Grandpa's first name, Albert. I have to admit this was much better. Unique so no other kid has the same name but not weird, like Frank Zappa's kids.

He's all boy! Pretty awesome..

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                    Yes. My wife has a VW GLI. We took the car seat with and test fit it before buying. Fits great. I will only have the kid in my car for about 1 mile every afternoon. Actually fits much better than it did in my 2014 ext cab silverado. Looking to upgrade her to a small to midsize suv around the first of the year and keep her GLI. We purchased it new, it's paid for, and only has 50k on it. Trying to pay cash, 25-30, for something barely used for her on the next one so we can just keep one car payment.

A jeep gc is on her list. You'll have to let me know how that one is doing in 9-10 months!!
                    Will do. Thus far Miyako loves it..

Comment

• I think I need to drive a Mustang GT again..

I was told today that the Drive Modes on the GT stick after the engine is shut off. I didn't even think about that. My biggest complaint about the GT was the ride in normal driving. However if it was in Track mode (very possible) that would have been expected. I need to drive on in Normal drive mode and see what I think...

Does anyone know about that? Does the drive mode stick between engine starts or does it reset itself between starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
                        The Vsport is a chick car compared to the Gen 2 CTS-V. Other than that, it's a decent daily.
                        Almost anything is a chick car compared to a CTS-V...
                        He's right though.
                        Someone loaded you a Vsport? You sure?

I'm just kiddin'. I believe you. But did you use the magnetic suspension to put it into the best handling config? Every test drive review I've read boasts this car is a better handling car than its competition. Most of that is attributed to its light weight and the magnetic suspension. I should mention that I haven't seen any reviews of the vSport head to head with a CTS-V or Vwagon..

But this is why I'll be driving both. I've heard many good things about the wagon (beyond this board). Then there is the, "it's just frackin' cool" factor of a CTS V wagon.
                        Do not drive a CTS-V if you plan to buy a V Sport. You won't get the V Sport, or if you do, you'll miss the power every time you hit the go pedal. I've driven the VSport "as intended" and while it's better than a base model CTS, it just does not compare to the V. You're talking about a TT 3.6L V6 vs PD blown 6.2L V8. It's a nice bridge, which is why it was built, but unless you're blown out of the water when you drive it - you will need the wagon. Plus there will be lots more VSports built - the wagons are done, so I'd buy one now before they're all ragged out in a few years.

Comment

• Rick, check this car out: http://www.autosofdallas.com/web/use...exas/18218168/

I work there [now] after a layoff in O&G, and will make sure you are taken care of it this is the one for you. We have 6 "V"s right now. We are a no haggle dealer so prices are set but we compete very well in the DFW arena. Actually sell more out of state in some months.

BTW - Can't believe your son is getting so big. Seems like just yesterday.

David

Comment

Working...
                          X