Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those promoting business on Facebook and social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those promoting business on Facebook and social media?

I have volunteered to help a non-profit, which is a chapter of a 100 yo global organization in which I am also a member. I volunteered to better promote their social media presence. This isn't what I do, so I am out of my element, but it wasn't going to get done if I didn't step up. The members are older and generally not savvy to social media so the page had not been updated since early December and still had Christmas promotions. I have since changed the cover picture to a generic association logo for now and added a couple of posts of an upcoming event and invited most of my friends to also like the site. There were only 194 likes since I gained access on Monday even though the site has been around about 4 years. It is starting to creep up a little.

This is my first time seeing an FB page from the admin side. I see the various choices of promoting the site and boosting posts. I was wondering about the ROI of these options? Does anyone have any first hand experience of how well this has worked out for them? Any tips to offer?

I do not use Twitter or any other social media besides FB. I know I had read a while back that FB has been losing users for a while, or at least younger people. Where are they going then? Where might be other good outlets to promote? Does anyone even do Google+? Any advice appreciated.

There's certainly more to it, but here are some good guidelines:

Whether anybody uses Google+ or not is irrelevant. Create a page and post the same Facebook content there. Whether Google will admit it or not, this will have a positive effect on the organic SEO of the website (which I assume there is a traditional website as well).

Create a quarterly editorial calendar for posting and stick to it. At least once a week for fb/g+ and every other week for blogging. If there's not a blog on the website, start one and link to it on social media often.

Boosting posts can definitely work, but get the fundamentals squared away before you spend any money.

Comment

set up a hoot suite account and use it to control all of the accounts.

And you need to get a twitter. it's so damn confusing but i can literally gain 20 followers off of one celebrity retweet

Comment

Enhance your social media management with Hootsuite, the leading social media dashboard. Manage multiple networks and profiles and measure your campaign results.

Comment

I knew you'd be the man Blake! I'm taking notes. Yeah, they have a traditional site as well. Unfortunately it feels about as tired and dated as well. There is another guy that manages it, but we have talked briefly about freshening up and syncing both.

Comment

Tits always get attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I knew you'd be the man Blake! I'm taking notes. Yeah, they have a traditional site as well. Unfortunately it feels about as tired and dated as well. There is another guy that manages it, but we have talked briefly about freshening up and syncing both.
              Cool. Good that you two are talking. The better connected the website is to social, the more you'll get out of it. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help as best I can.

Comment

I do the FB promotions for my restaurant. I just did the one to get ppl to like our page 2 days ago. $5 a day budget for 10 days. It has gotten me 37 new likes.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Tits always get attention.
                  Tits or GTFO!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                  X